This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pirates made GoG possible

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Pirates made GoG possible

User Info: xanthan1

xanthan1
2 years ago#11
You have no idea what you're talking about and you should be ashamed of being this horribly wrong.

User Info: Askeladd

Askeladd
2 years ago#12
Ningishzida posted...
You trying to tell me they had ALL the originals, they scanned ALL those manuals, and THEY cracked them?

Generally speaking, digital distribution websites don't operate by having some guy in his basement upload his personal collection of games and scan his own manuals. They would be sent the files by the publisher.
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
2 years ago#13
If any of you knew how to use a hex editor, you would see that many of the gog exes are cracked by well known groups. That they get the permission from the publisher is irrelevant, you're playing those games thanks to pirates. So thank them.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 years ago#14
No kiddo, that they get permission from the publisher is literally the only thing that's relevant.
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
2 years ago#15
Ningishzida posted...
If any of you knew how to use a hex editor, you would see that many of the gog exes are cracked by well known groups. That they get the permission from the publisher is irrelevant, you're playing those games thanks to pirates. So thank them.

Sure, I know how to use a hex editor, clearly, since you do too, why don't you screencap a GOG exe in a hex editor to show us the signature they left us, I'll understand it.
RPG Spotlight: Divine Divinity http://www.gog.com/game/divine_divinity
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/cYnYXp6H

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
2 years ago#16
Orestes417 posted...
No kiddo, that they get permission from the publisher is literally the only thing that's relevant.

Legality-wise, I'm right with you. However, the evidence of GoG using cracked exes is conclusive. That isn't irrelevant, I think gamers should be informed they're using a cracked exe and not the original, since they are paying for it now.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Pirates made GoG possible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived