This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to replace my G400 soon, need a good mouse that fits my hand

#1TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 7/23/2014 4:52:33 PM
So my G400 is a good mouse but my problem with it is that the ergonomic shape of it doesn't agree with my hand. They are too extreme and well-defined for my slightly large hands which just end up ignoring them and resting uncomfortably. Basically, the groves don't line up with my hand.

So I guess I need a slightly larger mouse. Palm grip, but not too intense of one. I don't hold the mouse tight to the point where my hand starts sweating like crazy. It's just a casual grip.

I was looking at the Roccat Kone XTD Optical. Saw a post elsewhere that said the XTD was good for large hands, so I figured the XTD Optical will be good once it starts popping up in stores.
From what I see so far:
+supposedly big
+lighter than my G400
+German
+subtle ergonomic shape
+optical
+cool design of wolf-thing
-expensive
-not widely available yet

Anyone here have experience with Roccat? Anyone have recommendations for other mice and why? Thanks.
---
Steam: Sydite
#2PraetorXynPosted 7/23/2014 5:24:45 PM(edited)
Roccat makes quality mice.

The Savu has a palm grip shape, but is a bit different.
The Kone Optical should be larger.

The Savu has a flawless sensor, as should the Kone Optical.
Roccat's driver software is the best I've ever used, and their cables are a lot higher quality than Logitech's.

Unfortunately, the Roccat mice don't have DPI sliders; they have fixed DPI intervals. I believe the reason they do this is because none of the DPI levels are interpolated, whereas on other mice like the G400/G400S for instance, there is a native DPI level (800 in the case of those two mice) and it will be interpolated if you change from that.

The Savu offers 400, 800, 1600, and 4000 DPI. I wasn't aware of the Kone XTD Optical, the last I looked at their lines they had released the Kone Pure Optical, and I know that had more DPI levels.

EDIT: Upon a little research:
The Savu and Kone Pure Optical both use the Avago ADNS-3090 sensor, which is flawless.

The Kone XTD Optical uses a difference sensor, the Avago SDNS-3988. I'll have to research this particular sensor, but it may be the same sensor used by the DeathAdder 2013, which would mean it's also flawless, though I heard Razer f***** up the firmware.

In short, this is a different beast than the two mice I mentioned, the Savu and the Kone Pure Optical and the facts aren't all in yet as far as I can tell.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png