This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking at maybe buying an xbox one control for PC, need some info

#1chaos_controlrPosted 7/23/2014 6:38:36 PM
Hey guys so just brought a new pc (well its not brand new bought it off an ebay like site prebuilt) and very happy with it. Was recently playing the crew beta on ultra and it was running smooth as possible. However Im not too keen on using my keyboard as a control and would rather have a dedicated pc control than using my dualshock 3 from the ps3 all the time.

Im looking at the xbox one control which looks great but not sure exactly how it will work with pc. My main questions are

1. Does the xbox one control come with the cord to attach it to the PC (im assuming a micro usb)

2. Will that cord power the control or will I have to still put batteries in to it (or buy that plug and play kit?) Ive never owned an xbox so not sure what the go is with the batteries.

3. I have windows 8.1, will the control work straight away or are there some drivers I have to download to get it setup ?

Thanks in advance guys
---
Nintendo 3DS/Pokemon X FC: 5472-6834-3919 IGN: Nate
#2Clutch_TheoryPosted 7/23/2014 6:47:22 PM
1. No

2. Yes, you wont need batteries. The cord will power the controller

3. Yes, I have windows 8.1 and it automatically installs the drivers once you plug it in.
#3chaos_controlr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:54:10 PM
thanks clutch_theory, i have a spare cord from my phone so i guess thats all good
---
Nintendo 3DS/Pokemon X FC: 5472-6834-3919 IGN: Nate