This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Casual dad looking for help purchasing a computer...

#1zzzSLICKzzzPosted 7/23/2014 7:49:33 PM
Hi, can you guys help me pick a computer to purchase? I only have the following guidelines:

1. All I am going to do is play World of Warcraft (WoD) on it. Nothing else. At all. I'd prefer max graphics settings.

2. I prefer laptops.

3. Price is flexible...keeping in mind #1 and #2 above.

4. I do NOT want to "build my own". Too much stress and hassle for me.

Can you post a link to something that fulfills the above?

Thanks so much!!
#2thasnipermasterPosted 7/23/2014 7:52:24 PM
Price range?
---
Im opposite of a care bear
#3zzzSLICKzzz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:53:45 PM
Under 4k. Closer to 2k. But basically whatever I need just for WoW!!
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 7/23/2014 7:55:04 PM
a laptop is a really bad choice for World of Warcraft since you usually play for many hours at a time and it's not good to do that to a laptop. If you absolutely must get a laptop, I strongly recommend buying a dock with fans to go along with it.
---
RPG Spotlight: Avadon 2: The Corruption http://www.gog.com/game/avadon_2_the_corruption
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/bRprvvKn
#5YeonGoaPosted 7/23/2014 7:55:43 PM
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade/

Done
#6LvthnPosted 7/23/2014 7:56:01 PM
Any prebuilt of any kind that has a modern graphics card. This doesn't really narrow the field at all except that you would rather not save money by assembling parts yourself.

You could walk into Best Buy and ask for whatever passes for a "gaming PC" or "gaming laptop" there and get something that will satisfy those requirements, WoW is an ancient game and failure to run it at 60fps usually has more to do with the game than the PC it's on. You'll pay more, because Best Buy, but that's the reason people build.
#7LvthnPosted 7/23/2014 7:56:39 PM
zzzSLICKzzz posted...

My bad, joke thread. Under $4,000 for a WoW computer. Alrighty then.
#8zzzSLICKzzz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:56:43 PM
Are Alienware gaming laptops as overpriced and awful as I've heard?
#9zzzSLICKzzz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:57:46 PM
Lvthn posted...
zzzSLICKzzz posted...

My bad, joke thread. Under $4,000 for a WoW computer. Alrighty then.

I'm not a computer "expert". If you think this is a joke please leave. I came here BECAUSE I DONT KNOW. Isn't that that point of forums like these?
#10zzzSLICKzzz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:59:05 PM
Lvthn posted...
Any prebuilt of any kind that has a modern graphics card. This doesn't really narrow the field at all except that you would rather not save money by assembling parts yourself.

You could walk into Best Buy and ask for whatever passes for a "gaming PC" or "gaming laptop" there and get something that will satisfy those requirements, WoW is an ancient game and failure to run it at 60fps usually has more to do with the game than the PC it's on. You'll pay more, because Best Buy, but that's the reason people build.

Ok, thank you. What price range the. Should I expect at a Best Buy?