This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone played the Back to the Future telltale games?

#11FoxtheSlyPosted 7/24/2014 6:46:28 AM
I played it and loved the story. It's not much of a "game" (lacking classic adventure gameplay) but rather just an interactive story-telling medium. If you're purely interested in the story like I was then you'll enjoy it.
---
I start to think, and then I sink into the paper like I was ink;
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines, I escape when I finish the rhyme.
#12Ch3wyPosted 7/24/2014 6:54:32 AM
They were entertaining, I recommend them.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#13Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 9:51:53 AM
What about the Wallace and Gromit games? I loved watching that series as a kid
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#14farigontiPosted 7/24/2014 9:57:54 AM
They're ok. Marty's voice is a little too squeaky and he's a bit clumsy. Not Michael J. Fox quality.
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#15blakegallowayPosted 7/24/2014 9:59:44 AM
chris121691 posted...
I always wondered..Like in walking dead, you know how it lets you pick stuff up and pocket it? And then it's highlighted on the side of your screen like it's in your 'inventory'? I've never actually used anything..Unless I'm doing something wrong.

You've used some of the items you picked up. There are certain points where you have to do so in order to continue the story. Now some items are just for extra dialogue options with characters. Like handing them a snack.
---
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.
#16KillerTrufflePosted 7/24/2014 10:00:21 AM
They're not that bad... definitely don't make my top favorites list, but they're decent.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#17akuma634Posted 7/24/2014 10:10:41 AM
It was a fun season. This is before The Walking Dead, so don't expect it to play too similarly. It's more of a graphic adventure with tank controls. It was the first Telltale game to have a system that remembers things from episode to episode, in this case it's the fake name Marty chooses. As for the story, it's a great continuation of Back To The Future and the focus is on Marty and Doc's friendship.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#18chandl34Posted 7/24/2014 9:59:40 PM
farigonti posted...
They're ok. Marty's voice is a little too squeaky and he's a bit clumsy. Not Michael J. Fox quality.

Yeah, he overplayed Michael J. Fox's cracking voice. Biff was much worse though. Not only did it not sound like him, but it didn't look like him either. I didn't realize real Michael J. Fox voiced some of the characters in the final episode. The ending was funny.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#19TivorPosted 7/25/2014 3:35:01 AM
It was a great "sequel" to the BttF movie franchise. As a game, it's a bit lacking, especially now that Telltale has polished their game mechanics with Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. Even so, I consider it a must-play for fans of the movie trilogy.
---
Vin Scully, Herge, Ray K. Metzker, Abelardo Morell, Arakawa Hiromu, Mori Kaoru, Steve Jobs, Depeche Mode, Tim Duncan, John Stockton. RESPECT.
#20Dark ElfPosted 7/25/2014 8:10:20 AM
They're okay. Not much interactivity though.