This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Google to acquire Twitch for $1 Billion US Dollars!

#11cody4783Posted 7/24/2014 2:43:05 PM
Not to sound bad or play the "Old" game (since this is clearly a new article)...But I thought this was confirmed a bit back? Or was it all just rumors up until more recently?

Just feels like I read a fair bit about this weeks ago.

I don't really care overall...Although, it doesn't look great when it comes to competition and diversity, since they're basically gobbling on one of the biggest streaming/video site competitors. But, well...Google gonna Google. Just remember not to be evil.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/zgyKBAY.jpg
#12thasnipermasterPosted 7/24/2014 2:43:30 PM
They are going to f*** up Twitch as bad of even worse than they f***ed youtube.
---
Im opposite of a care bear
#13stampedefootPosted 7/24/2014 2:43:35 PM
The worse they can do is make you sign in with your Google+ account. However, I feel like they're gonna do something ridiculous like linking your YouTube and Twitch account together.
---
3ds fc 1805-2209-2574. "No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me" -Sonic
#14Orestes417Posted 7/24/2014 2:46:29 PM
stampedefoot posted...
The worse they can do is make you sign in with your Google+ account. However, I feel like they're gonna do something ridiculous like linking your YouTube and Twitch account together.

You mean attempt to make you create one
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#15InterfusorPosted 7/24/2014 2:46:37 PM
cody4783 posted...
Not to sound bad or play the "Old" game (since this is clearly a new article)...But I thought this was confirmed a bit back? Or was it all just rumors up until more recently?

Just feels like I read a fair bit about this weeks ago.

I don't really care overall...Although, it doesn't look great when it comes to competition and diversity, since they're basically gobbling on one of the biggest streaming/video site competitors. But, well...Google gonna Google. Just remember not to be evil.

Yeah I remember that too, maybe now it's definitely official. And I too am pretty indifferent.
---
I am not economically viable.
#16Worknofun370Posted 7/24/2014 2:48:33 PM
I had zero issues about this when it was announced months ago, and I still have zero issues with it now.

If (and only if) google ends up doing something weird/dumb will I care. I don't see them doing that though.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#17AnatomyHorrorPosted 7/24/2014 2:50:55 PM
Yeah this old news.
#18Orestes417Posted 7/24/2014 2:58:12 PM(edited)
Worknofun370 posted...
I had zero issues about this when it was announced months ago, and I still have zero issues with it now.

If (and only if) google ends up doing something weird/dumb will I care. I don't see them doing that though.

I take a more pessimistic outlook, but I don't use twitch so it's more generalized google annoyance than it is direct ire.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#19KillerTrufflePosted 7/24/2014 2:56:19 PM
Worknofun370 posted...

What I imagine is them screwing it up the same way they screwed up Youtube. Youtube really turned into a crappy service once Google bought them.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#20KillerTrufflePosted 7/24/2014 2:57:11 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Worknofun370 posted...

I take a more pessimistic outlook, but I don't use twitter so it's more generalized google annoyance than it is direct ire.

Same... I've never used Twitch before at all, so it won't directly affect me (I don't think)... but Google hasn't exactly got a solid track record in terms of maintaining good video services. :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23