This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Google to acquire Twitch for $1 Billion US Dollars!

#41Edavy89Posted 7/24/2014 6:24:48 PM
I wonder who will control the world first... Walmart, Google, or Disney.
#42pwnater777Posted 7/24/2014 6:29:57 PM
Edavy89 posted...
I wonder who will control the world first... Walmart, Google, or Disney.

My vote is Disney. Marvel constantly dominates any other movie even trying to make a pitiful attempt at competing at the box office, and ESPN is still king of sports networks. With those two powers, along with Disney's own movies crushing box office records, that's a dominant force.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#43ArayzielPosted 7/24/2014 6:33:03 PM
Monkeymage posted...
To use chat function, sign in with Google+
#44SetzeraPosted 7/24/2014 6:42:46 PM
Twitch+ is on the way!
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#45TheEntitledOnePosted 7/24/2014 7:38:01 PM
Good news for Twitch. Bad news for internet tough guys crying over nothing.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#46RickyxzPosted 7/24/2014 7:40:01 PM
TheCommunator posted...
RIP in peace

Rugrats in Paris in Peace?
---
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037876524
#47VoxwikPosted 7/24/2014 9:22:57 PM
TheEntitledOne posted...

Google+ real name garbage isn't nothing, but maybe Google won't be as aggressive with that garbage now. Let's see, Google+ launches... and some make private profiles. Well mommy/daddy Google said that the point of social media is to share, so they gave people the ultimatum to go public with their accounts and real names or delete them. Then, with their attempt to compete with Facebook not catching on as much as desired, Google decided to force it on users of other sites. So, want Android game achievements? Google+ required! Use Youtube? Get nagged over and over to use your real name! Google+ still not catching on as much? Hammer it into the Youtube commenting system! What's that? You don't want all of your Google accounts linked closely, much less with your real name? Too bad, Google's going to constantly brag about consolidating accounts and constantly nag you to give up your privacy and share your real info!

I used to be a huge Google fan but the company's outright war on anonymity and privacy made me a bit bitter. There is far worse out there (the Comcast/Time Warner merger trying to force ridiculous data caps to fight online video by monopolizing more of the market for example) but I think people have reason to be a bit wary, even if Google isn't quite that anti-consumer.
#48Enigma149Posted 7/24/2014 9:27:48 PM
cody4783 posted...
Not to sound bad or play the "Old" game (since this is clearly a new article)...But I thought this was confirmed a bit back? Or was it all just rumors up until more recently?

Just feels like I read a fair bit about this weeks ago.

I don't really care overall...Although, it doesn't look great when it comes to competition and diversity, since they're basically gobbling on one of the biggest streaming/video site competitors. But, well...Google gonna Google. Just remember not to be evil.

It's still rumors. This is just the same rumor coming from a different source.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#49TheNonBelieverPosted 7/24/2014 9:31:44 PM(edited)
Voxwik posted...
TheEntitledOne posted...

Google+ real name garbage isn't nothing, but maybe Google won't be as aggressive with that garbage now. Let's see, Google+ launches... and some make private profiles. Well mommy/daddy Google said that the point of social media is to share, so they gave people the ultimatum to go public with their accounts and real names or delete them. Then, with their attempt to compete with Facebook not catching on as much as desired, Google decided to force it on users of other sites. So, want Android game achievements? Google+ required! Use Youtube? Get nagged over and over to use your real name! Google+ still not catching on as much? Hammer it into the Youtube commenting system! What's that? You don't want all of your Google accounts linked closely, much less with your real name? Too bad, Google's going to constantly brag about consolidating accounts and constantly nag you to give up your privacy and share your real info!

I used to be a huge Google fan but the company's outright war on anonymity and privacy made me a bit bitter. There is far worse out there (the Comcast/Time Warner merger trying to force ridiculous data caps to fight online video by monopolizing more of the market for example) but I think people have reason to be a bit wary, even if Google isn't quite that anti-consumer.

google dropped the real name policy for non page google plus profiles eariler this year and you were never forced to use your real name on youtube
---
watching: Haganai
#50TheNonBelieverPosted 7/24/2014 9:30:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]