This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Google to acquire Twitch for $1 Billion US Dollars!

#51PsythikPosted 7/24/2014 9:32:49 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Yeah this old news.

---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#52Binba442Posted 7/25/2014 2:15:35 AM
How is all this us monopolizing ok? Laissez faire , as some president used to say.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#53MahoganyTooth92Posted 7/25/2014 2:22:33 AM
Uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#54TimePharaohPosted 7/25/2014 2:27:54 AM
hk7111 posted...
TheCommunator posted...
RIP in peace
#55snesmaster40Posted 7/25/2014 4:38:03 AM
TheEntitledOne posted...
Good news for Twitch. Bad news for internet tough guys crying over nothing.

Youtube didn't need to buy Twitch since they already have their own live streaming feature. Some people already use it to play games, but the numbers are always low. Maybe because people are unaware of the streams or people just don't wan to hother with Google's policies.

As for Twitch, the benefits will be there, but it depends on whether the userbase will even want to continue going there. We're not sure if this takeover will allow Twitch to he itself or integrated into Youtube.

There's already a few alternatives that now have the oppertunitiy to grow.

In the end, it's the community that creates the profit and one false move and cause many to pack up and leave.
---
Are we not men?
#56GoldninjaPosted 7/25/2014 6:57:24 AM
Meh. hadn't even heard of Twitch until now.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#57SinisterSlayPosted 7/25/2014 6:59:16 AM
LOL

All while youtube lets plays are having copywrite problems. Google goes and buys a company that essentially specializes in lets play videos.

Nice one google.
Good bye twitch.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#58GM_Posted 7/25/2014 7:09:42 AM(edited)
Well there goes ********g game streaming right down the drain. They will infest Twitch with the same BS policies and copyright protection algorithms that YouTube has. I hope they realize Twitch.tv is a source of income for people who stream 24/7 and make a living off donations. If they bring that **** into Twitch then it's all over. The site is dead. People Stream on Twitch because they wanted to escape YouTube policies.
---
CooperRC: "The 360 and PS3 are just fighting in the special olympics, the PC version is king."
#59Worknofun370Posted 7/25/2014 1:14:43 PM
Binba442 posted...
How is all this us monopolizing ok? Laissez faire , as some president used to say.

I don't think you understand what the word Monopoly means.

Orestes417 posted...
I take a more pessimistic outlook, but I don't use twitch so it's more generalized google annoyance than it is direct ire.

Meh, I don't see the reason to freak out. Google isn't a bunch of idiots, they know what they're doing, and while they made some poor decisions with Youtube, they haven't really made a ton of other poor decisions that would make me think they're going to drive Twitch into the ground.

The FUD surrounding this acquisition is mostly just funny to me.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#60VoxwikPosted 7/25/2014 1:57:02 PM
TheNonBeliever posted...
and you were never forced to use your real name on youtube

True but it was always one click away with the constant nag, complete with a "why not" poll with as ridiculously mutually exclusive options as many GameFAQs polls.