This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game needed: Tactical Four-sided RPGs, where you recruit people.

#11KillerTrufflePosted 7/24/2014 5:27:46 PM
brantank posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
What about Banner Saga?

weird thing, on paper banner saga is everything i want. for some reason Having played it for a few hours, i just never go into it.

Maybe what you think you want only works on paper then? >_>
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#12brantank(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 5:28:36 PM
Clashtonn posted...
Xenonauts. It's an Xcom remake and it's fantastic.

Not an RPG, it's a strategy game, but it has that type of tactical battle system. It's very, very well done.

how many characters do you control in xenonauts? My main thing against xcom(though it was a good game) was that you only controlled 6 people.
#13brantank(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 5:30:59 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
brantank posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
What about Banner Saga?

weird thing, on paper banner saga is everything i want. for some reason Having played it for a few hours, i just never go into it.

Maybe what you think you want only works on paper then? >_>

No, I mean, maybe, probably it's the norse theme that got me off? I love games that take a post apocalyptic or medieval view of the genre.
#14majinbuu58Posted 7/24/2014 5:31:15 PM
You want more fire emblem.
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#15brantank(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 5:34:08 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
You want more fire emblem.

I'd agree, it's my favorite game. Most tactical games gives you 6 units/characters in battle, what a joke!
#16verycornyPosted 7/24/2014 5:39:56 PM
Too bad you can't read Japanese, because Super Robot Wars series is perfect for you.
---
PSN - verycorny
3DS Friend Code - 0001-3307-3720
#17DaedalusExPosted 7/24/2014 5:40:39 PM
brantank posted...
how many characters do you control in xenonauts? My main thing against xcom(though it was a good game) was that you only controlled 6 people.

Xenonauts starts you with 8, but can go up to 12 later in the game. With some simple game file modding it can go a lot higher than that.
#18brantank(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:14:03 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
brantank posted...

Xenonauts starts you with 8, but can go up to 12 later in the game. With some simple game file modding it can go a lot higher than that.

in battle or between battle?
#19brantank(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:31:05 PM
Can I reinstate the thing about it being 4-Sided. Hex-Based games aren't really my thing.
#20brantank(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:34:14 PM
4 sided-ness and recruitment aspects are really the only thing i'm looking for, please help