This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the best Elder Scrolls game - Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

#11LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/24/2014 4:33:05 PM
Without mods:
Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion
With mods:
Morrowind = Oblivion > Skyrim
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#12Ningishzida(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 4:38:28 PM
mrtywer posted...
everyone who says Skyrim ends up on Ning's ignore list.

It would be good if we could see which users voted for what, then we could do a blanket ignore on those who picked Skyrim ^_^
#13NemerlightPosted 7/24/2014 4:51:56 PM
Skyrim but enjoyed Oblivion and Morrowind too. Daggerfall was terrible though.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#14mrtywerPosted 7/24/2014 4:55:02 PM
Ningishzida posted...
mrtywer posted...
everyone who says Skyrim ends up on Ning's ignore list.

It would be good if we could see which users voted for what, then we could do a blanket ignore on those who picked Skyrim ^_^

Actually, blanket-ignore isn't a bad idea... It'd be nice for the threads of trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#15TimbermawPosted 7/24/2014 4:58:52 PM(edited)
Like other have said, morrowind for the setting, the lore, the story.
Can't ever forget that game, the places you go to, the perils you face. It took me 10 years after i bought it to finally finish it, and boy, was i in for a hell of a ride.
Really, if you don't go in expecting much, and sit through the initial part, not to mention the dice roll mechanics which may put off some, you won't be disappointed.

Oblivion was just meh past graphics, boring everything.
Haven't played skyrim.

edit- oh and Daggerfall had awfully long random dungeons so i don't think it's the best, though they were also VERY scary (which is great). I never finished it tho, but i don't think many would vote it for #1 TES.
---
Gamer Entitlement analyst, PhD.
..I edit every post.
#16jedinatPosted 7/24/2014 4:57:49 PM
Morrowind - transcendent RPG, huge step forward in open word depth and exploration/adventure/yadda yadda

Oblivion - flawed and misguided improvement on Morrowind, felt like they tried to move forward but made a lot of mistakes. Still a great game

Skyrim - Pure idiocy in a lot of ways. Obvious screw-ups in Oblivion were just not intelligently addressed. A lot of stupid console pandering. Still a good game, but what were they thinking...
#17jessica73Posted 7/24/2014 5:06:50 PM
Lol, how can it be a three way tie?_?

Oblivion sucks outside the guild quests unless you mod it to s***, Skyrim is good vanilla, but is awesome with them.

But Morrowind is awesome vanilla (even on the xbox with that awesome crash when too much was going on like summoning and soul trapping all dem Golden Saints :3 and having to manage save files by deleting bodies and closing doors... 600 hours on that before I got the pc version haha), but becomes king of kings once you mod.

Maybe if Skywind is life itself like it looks, then I guess they will co-hold the title for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#18Puckswack12Posted 7/24/2014 5:10:31 PM
Morrowind by far. Oblivion was incredibly dull. I mean just boring on an incredible level. Skyrim isn't much better, but at least the scenery was, for the most part, more interesting.

Skyrim is the COD of tes games.
---
Yup
#19axelfooley2k5Posted 7/24/2014 5:12:51 PM
i liked all of them

a lot
#20pwnater777Posted 7/24/2014 5:13:02 PM
Morrowind, though like I always say, I do firmly believe that the game is 1000% better with the accurate attacks and readable signposts mods. Those are the two that I will always say are absolute must-haves for Morrowind.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe