This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the best Elder Scrolls game - Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

#121GoldninjaPosted 7/27/2014 12:25:56 PM
Loshadt posted...
That1Guyy posted...
Magic and transportation services are what allow you to travel great distances quickly. Making your base speed so high that you can travel anywhere in a moments notice completely removes the sense of scale from the world and any importance of distance. When you can move so quickly, you'll realize that Vvardenfell is not a pretty large continent at all.

I agree that Athletics/speed shouldn't have as large of an influence on your top speed as they did, in both sides of the spectrum. But Skyrim took it to a ridiculous extreme by completely gutting that aspect altogether because they didn't want to make the effort to fix the damn system. And Vvardenfell is a pretty large place, especially compared to Skyrim and Cyrodill which logically should be larger yet for some reason aren't.

I think they're valuable skills that have an important effect on gameplay, and you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater because Bethesda can't do anything right.

Agreed. It didn't take long long to speed up in Oblivion anyway. Light armor made things a bit swifter. Athletics raised quickly until it got up to a decent speed. I don't see why we don't have the option. In Skyrim, the top jump height is utterly pathetic and it will always be pathetic because there's no way to raise it, aside from mods.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#122LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/27/2014 1:27:34 PM
You guys would SERIOUSLY recommend Morrowind without mods?

My god...
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#123LoshadtPosted 7/27/2014 1:53:12 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...

My god...

outside of mods Morrowind is the best in the series, with mods Morrowind is still arguably the best in the series. The only mods Morrowind needs are bugfixes unlike Oblivion and Skyrim which require sweeping overhauls of the entire damn game AND bugfixes.
---
A moment of silence for the dead panda.
#124That1GuyyPosted 7/27/2014 2:32:03 PM
I think movement speed should only be changed by encumbrance, battle/racial abilities, and special modifiers, like a birth sign or a powerful quest reward. I simply do not like athletics being a trainable skill.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#125VdashonePosted 7/27/2014 2:49:04 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...

My god...

Yeah, it's better than anything you've ever conceived of.
---
I occasionally indulge in moderation.
#126CommonJoePosted 7/27/2014 6:38:45 PM
Morrowind is the only game out of the three that really can be played without mods without being a huge mess of stupid.

Provided of course you aren't dim and have some creativity and problem solving skills. That, and understanding that Morrowind more than anything else realistically presents a "level 1" character. A level 1 character in Morrowind isn't much more powerful than any other peasant in the game. In the other games, however, a level 1 character isn't any different from level 80 and the power gap between you and NPC's even on harder difficulties is quite staggering.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
#127Rizzman111Posted 7/27/2014 6:40:20 PM
If morrowind was remade in the skyrim engine then perhaps yes.
---
Would You Kindly?. The Police and The Killers are the best bands ever.
#128LoshadtPosted 7/27/2014 6:46:33 PM
Rizzman111 posted...
If morrowind was remade in the skyrim engine then perhaps yes.

Yeah, just imagine the fun of morrowind without spellcrafting, gutted enchanting, underwater combat, levitation or jump spells, attributes, and a whole lot of other crap I don't feel like listing.

Hell if anything Skyrim would probably be better if it was ported to the OpenMW since you'd actually be able to fix its crippling flaws.
---
A moment of silence for the dead panda.
#129AlexKidd5000Posted 7/27/2014 7:07:34 PM
Kreeping Death posted...
Morrowind, but I think Skyrim is the most accessible/playable.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I found Daggerfall borderline unplayable when I tried it out about 8 years ago.

The only thing I HATED about daggerfall, was the timed quests.
#130ClouddxPosted 7/27/2014 7:09:43 PM
I like Morrobliorim
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S