This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the best Elder Scrolls game - Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

#31DarkLagunaPosted 7/24/2014 6:03:56 PM
Well, we all know where you stand on this issue.

I'm not voting, because it's a split vote for me.

Morrowind had the better story, and exploration, and armor variety. It also had some neat, if unrealistic and broken, spells like Levitation and Jump. The combat was atrocious though, and you had to abuse the skill and level up system to get decent stat increases.

Skyrim had, by far, the better combat, and perks actually made each character unique (until your skills go Legendary, anyway). And it did away with the ridiculousness of jumping everywhere and setting main skills as things you rarely use just to min/max stats. The mods for it are also really good, and make the game much, much more fun. It's really the lame story, the predictability of dragon fights, and the overall pointlessness of exploration that bring it down. It's best use is modding it to your liking and using it as a sandbox for roleplaying.

If I had to vote, Morrowind wins, but the combat is just so bad... If Morrowind had Skyrim's combat, graphics, and fixed the other issues, it'd be a no brainer for everyone.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#32LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/24/2014 6:15:58 PM
Ningishzida posted...
It would be good if we could see which users voted for what, then we could do a blanket ignore on those who picked Skyrim ^_^

It might be better this way. Anyone can click on a poll and there's a million things that could go wrong with that. But the people who post in the topic to specifically say Skyrim is the best? They're putting effort into that. They believe that s***. At least this way you KNOW the block is just.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#33snae99Posted 7/24/2014 6:22:36 PM
thasnipermaster posted...
I enjoyed my time with Oblivion the more than Skyrim, and I have never played Morrowind.

So Oblivion has my vote.

This. I wish I had the time to play Morrowind though.
---
Currently playing: Nothing...
#34Shin_GallonPosted 7/24/2014 6:24:31 PM
Out of the 3, I had the most fun playing Skyrim. Great mods, not as much weird micro-managing of inventory and thankfully no having to carry 30 lbs of repair hammers.
I'm looking forward to the "turn Skyrim into Morrowind" total conversion mod that some people are working on, actually.
---
Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime.
#35Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 7/24/2014 6:41:44 PM(edited)
Of the three... Skyrim. Quite easily.

Morrowind always bored me to death, and I had more fun modding for the game than playing it.

Oblivion is essentially Skyrim Beta, making it a moot point to talk about in this conversation.

Skyrim isn't the greatest thing on Earth like it's sometimes made out to be, but it's the most entertaining of the trio.

Of them all though, I'd say Daggerfall, but since you don't allow it... Battlespire was the 2nd best game in the series. I'd love Battlespire's engine refinements put into Daggerfall's world best of all. Battlefall/Daggerspire, the next mishmash mod.
#36oGirthBrooksoPosted 7/24/2014 6:31:52 PM
Morrowind.

Hundreds of hours on Xbox. Built my first PC just for Oblivion, only to be disappointed and putting more time into the PC version of Morrowind instead.
#37leon_trunksPosted 7/24/2014 6:31:53 PM
LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA oblivion is the best LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA! ....LA......LA-LA
#38RadarPosted 7/24/2014 6:42:27 PM
ryouma17 posted...
without mods oblivion

with mods skyrim

This. Oblivion without mods reaches a high point in open world RPGs.
Skyrim was unplayable until mods started coming out. Once they did, the true vision of the game really came out.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#39Fall_Of_RomePosted 7/24/2014 6:51:58 PM
Clashtonn posted...
With mods: Skyrim > Morrowind > Oblivion
Without mods: Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion

In general though,

Daggerfall > Morrowind = Skyrim >>>>>>>>> Oblivion > Arena

This
---
Next time on Dragonball Z; countless fillers await, will it take 2 episodes or 3? Stay tuned!
#40bigarsebits1Posted 7/24/2014 6:53:30 PM
I'm having a hard time with this one. I have Morrowind for PC and XBox, Oblivion GOTY and Skyrim GOTY for Ps3 and PC. Sticking to consoles, I'd say Oblivion and Skyrim are close - but Morrowind's sense of lore is far better - Oblivion for me slightly edges out Skyrim, except when adding in the extras. Wow - finally a question that has me kinda stumped...

Skyrim was great for scope, but Morrowind and Oblivion edge it slightly for me I guess..
---
"Facere Non Dicere"