This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which is the best Elder Scrolls game - Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

#91tumbleweed1Posted 7/25/2014 12:43:57 PM
they're all overrated and not even gud
#92BikabenownzPosted 7/25/2014 12:44:26 PM
Online. Mirite? Haha.. I do sub to it though so I can't bash the game.
---
Best YT channel.. Pokemon content, hooker pranks, Pkmn reviews, Many more. www.youtube.com/TsoukalosUnloaded. Had a hooker down for a chicken!
#93Sora_AnbuPosted 7/25/2014 12:47:49 PM
Or fallout 3
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#94MasterTurtlePosted 7/25/2014 3:46:41 PM
Loshadt posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
The leveling up in Morrowind was stupid. I lets jump 50,00 times to get max jump ability.... Who wants to do that?

As it turns out jumping repeatedly will make your legs stronger and by extension your jumps are better. It's not stupid, ESPECIALLY when there are trainers around specifically so you don't have to jump around like an idiot if you don't want too.

At least Morrowind has a jumping skill. Skyrim doesn't have Acrobatics, Athletics, or Speed (or any other attribute for that matter because RPGs are for nerds). It doesn't have classes, or birthsigns either. Morrowind may not be perfect, but at least it lets you have fun.

It may be more realistic, but it makes for a terrible game mechanic. Really, Acrobatics and especially Athletics are pretty pointless skills that feel like they're there just to take up space rather than to serve any real purpose.

Clashtonn posted...
AlleRacing posted...
BIast posted...
Skyrim.

It has a level up system that allows you to actually have fun while playing.

It was only really Oblivion that gimped you if you leveled up wrong.

Morrowind had just as bad of a level system as Oblivion.

it's not quite as bad as Oblivion's, but it's still terrible.
---
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
#95BlueswordsXPosted 7/25/2014 4:25:25 PM
I enjoyed playing Skyrim the most but Morrowind has by far the better story, so it's quite tough.
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!
#96That1GuyyPosted 7/25/2014 4:38:39 PM
If Skywind is ever finished, that could elevate Skyrim to actually playable for me, because Morrowind with even better graphics and no dice roll combat would be spectacular.

The answer to the poll is, of course, Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#97ArkonBladePosted 7/25/2014 5:35:46 PM
With Mods Skyrim.

with out Morrowind.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#98LoshadtPosted 7/25/2014 8:43:21 PM
MasterTurtle posted...
It may be more realistic, but it makes for a terrible game mechanic. Really, Acrobatics and especially Athletics are pretty pointless skills that feel like they're there just to take up space rather than to serve any real purpose.

No, it served to make your character move faster and jump higher which are both extremely valuable skills in combat AND just generally getting around.
---
A moment of silence for the dead panda.
#99ElementalWindPosted 7/25/2014 9:41:10 PM
It was only really Oblivion that gimped you if you leveled up wrong.

Morrowind had just as bad of a level system as Oblivion.

Morrowind lacks Oblivion's level scaling, so you can make up for weak level increases by leveling more.
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
#100That1GuyyPosted 7/25/2014 10:46:53 PM
Leveling up wrong in Morrowind punishes you far less than Oblivion, because your max level is higher than any enemy in the game, offering you a lot of additional health even if you have the lowest endurance possible. Combat damage for all parties is heavily gear dependent over stats, while maxing your weapon skill and keeping your fatigue near max is significantly more important than your attributes for chance to do anything.

Plus there are extremely powerful scrolls all over the place.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.