This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gaming audience is the most mature: PC, console, or handheld gamers?

#21gamefaqwatcherPosted 7/24/2014 6:27:27 PM
I don't know why handheld is doing too well. First i thought of casuals who are busy, then to counter it i thought about teenagers playing those silly games on the ios handhelds.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#22pwnater777Posted 7/24/2014 6:27:45 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
pwnater777 posted...
The fact that the PC board is able to handle a topic like this with such maturity speaks well for the PC gaming community.

It's a guarantee that the same topic posted on the Xbox One board would have the first reply be "not Sony ponies, that's for sure", while the PS4 board would say something along the lines of "Sony fans have always been better than Xbots".

Thank God that this board at least has civility.

Actually, the same topic WAS posted. Guess what was brought up first?

https://i.imgur.com/vRfrzuu.png

Well, that's along the lines of what I'd expect. The signature in that post also confirms that there's no way that person knows what they're talking about.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#23MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/24/2014 6:27:58 PM
gamefaqwatcher posted...
I don't know why handheld is doing too well. First i thought of casuals who are busy, then to counter it i thought about teenagers playing those silly games on the ios handhelds.

At first I thought it meant like phones, but now I'm pretty sure TC meant 3DS/vita.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#24Garage_ManPosted 7/24/2014 6:30:46 PM
How about none of the above.
#25DV8ingSourcesPosted 7/24/2014 6:34:10 PM
PC in general but not by much. Main reason is that I can only assume that most pc gamers had to buy their own machines and that usually requires some sort of income. So the average age of a pc game is likely higher than those of the other platforms. Of course age doesn't equate to maturity all the time but for the most part it does help.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#26KaushadPosted 7/24/2014 6:41:02 PM
that one vote in consoles
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#27SenkoyPosted 7/24/2014 7:00:50 PM
I would have said PC if it wasn't for all that master race bull s***. First post pretty much nailed it.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#28TimePharaohPosted 7/24/2014 7:14:43 PM(edited)
Senkoy posted...
I would have said PC if it wasn't for all that master race bull s***. First post pretty much nailed it.

The knowledge that you're superior to someone isn't immaturity. Immaturity is derping around thinking everything is rainbows and "everyone is equal everything is good", when that's not even close to how reality is. Denying reality=immature grasp of how the world works.

Your mommy might have told you that you could be an astronaut neurosurgeon, but when you grow up you'll figure out that no, you won't be, you're just a peasant.
#29Damaged7Posted 7/24/2014 7:37:06 PM
PC gamers around here are so mature with their PC Master Race and their contant "PC is better then console" reassurance topics.

And i'm saying this as a PC Gamer.
---
Bold Text
#30DetectiveZPosted 7/24/2014 7:57:44 PM
It really depends on the genre.
Most can agree when saying MOBA's are one of the most atrocious gaming community.
(When playing MOBA's, I never heard any players give advice to their worst link. Even when they ask for tips/advice.)

But, really...mostly any online multiplayer game has a pretty bad to okay community. While more single player games has a more helpful community.
(The competitive nature brings out the worse in us. XD)
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel