This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gaming audience is the most mature: PC, console, or handheld gamers?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which gaming audience is the most mature: PC, console, or handheld gamers?
1 year ago#41
Gotta say handheld gamers. You see them trolling the least on these boards, not that "these boards" are anything to measure maturity by, but still.
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
1 year ago#42
Senkoy posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Senkoy posted...
I would have said PC if it wasn't for all that master race bull s***. First post pretty much nailed it.

The knowledge that you're superior to someone isn't immaturity. Immaturity is derping around thinking everything is rainbows and "everyone is equal everything is good", when that's not even close to how reality is. Denying reality=immature grasp of how the world works.

Your mommy might have told you that you could be an astronaut neurosurgeon, but when you grow up you'll figure out that no, you won't be, you're just a peasant.

Thinking that your choice in what you play video games on can be used to measure someone's superiority is inquisitive of an extremely immature and warped view of reality. It's quite pathetic, really.

Oh, by the way, ignore TimePharaoh. He's a worthless troll that really has nothing worthwhile to contribute to society, let alone these boards.
---
regardless of the decay
1 year ago#43
Perhaps a troll but it's an annoying arrogant attitude I've seen on occasion (even from my own brother). What that attitude fails to acknowledge is the, in my opinion, actually superior attitude of realizing of course not everyone is always equal at all things, but also acknowledging that humble confidence is far superior to obnoxious arrogance. The mature respectful attitude is not about pretending the world is "rainbows." Instead it is about not using the problems with the world as an excuse to be arrogant and/or immature about things. This most often manifests in situations that can easily be reduced to the typical situation where two misbehaving children blame each other for "starting it." Of course, how someone else acts (or the sad realities of the world) does not provide a valid excuse for throwing maturity out the window.
1 year ago#44
Voxwik posted...
Perhaps a troll but it's an annoying arrogant attitude I've seen on occasion (even from my own brother). What that attitude fails to acknowledge is the, in my opinion, actually superior attitude of realizing of course not everyone is always equal at all things, but also acknowledging that humble confidence is far superior to obnoxious arrogance.

but it's a feint. he probably has multiple consoles hooked up to his tv. he wins when people quote him... just ignore the attention depraved child...
---
regardless of the decay
1 year ago#45
TimePharaoh posted...

Except I didn't say anything close to that, silly peasant. You should work on your reading comprehension, you wouldn't seem as derpy.

Maybe one day I will learn how to read! Maybe...

Anyways I bet my PC is better than yours :p
1 year ago#46
I suppose that could be true. I guess the ultimate reward for a true troll is that attention. Maturity is an interesting thing though. I just accept that most everyone (including myself) is nuts in some way or another at least sometimes and so maturity is often more about how loss of composure is handled in hindsight than maintaining control at all times. I suppose Everquest isn't exactly a huge sample size of the human race but something I've realized is that immaturity spans all nationalities and ages (and likely all gamer demographics). I've often seen people lament that (insert online community) is horrible, in response to some current bit of drama. Of course I've come to accept that MMORPG drama is a constant and in an ongoing organization of people it will pop up for all sorts of things regardless of how much merit the arguments involved may have, and it would not surprise me one bit if that's just how humanity is in general. That's why for me the maturity is more how things are handled after they have exploded than outright good behavior at all times, which just isn't going to happen.

And yes, I know I'm putting way too much thought into this topic. It's often best to just walk away and not touch the bait.
1 year ago#47
TehPwnzerer posted...
Handheld gamers are the most mature in the sense that they won't spit on you or bother you or insult you because you chose PC gaming or console gaming. The same can't be said of the other two.

---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 4 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo
FC: 3840-7579-4179 | Pokemon X IGN: Jing | Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Piloswine
1 year ago#48
The poll should be "Which gaming audience is the most immature: PC, console, or handheld gamers?
---
some people treat life as a game,
some people treat games as life.
1 year ago#49
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Psythik posted...
That being said, the one thing I miss about console gamers is that they tend to be a lot more social and use the mic more. Outside of Valve titles, it's getting more and more difficult to find a good PC game with a vocal community. The few that are using a mic tend to stick to chatting with their clans on TeamSpeak/Mumble/Vent, leaving everybody else to play in silence.
...games you play don't have text chat? What games are you playing that don't have text chat?
Text chat isn't ideal, especially in twitch games.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
1 year ago#50
thasnipermaster posted...
equal level of immaturity

Agreed.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which gaming audience is the most mature: PC, console, or handheld gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived