This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
2 years ago#1
I play female characters a lot in Anime-style mmorpg because females look better in anime style.

But in Western MMORPGs, I usually play male characters.

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
2 years ago#2
You horndog.

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
2 years ago#3
i play females in any game that lets you, if people dont like it thats their problem not mine.
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
2 years ago#4
Isn't negative stigma a double negative?

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 years ago#5
There's a difference between playing a female character and pretending to be a chick for free crap.
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
2 years ago#6
Lemur_H posted...
You horndog.
Nothing wrong with being as straight male (or lesbian, for that matter). I almost always pick female characters when playing the game.
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
2 years ago#7
I play female about 75% of the time in MMOs and I've never had anyone hassle me about it aside from one ex.

I did have a friend's little brother try to give me some flak for a female CaS character in Soul Calibur if that counts. I also have a friend who hates the idea of femshep but that wasn't prompted by me playing her or anything.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: SleepComa

SleepComa
2 years ago#8
Doesn't even matter why would I care.
http://gfycat.com/FoolishThinIslandwhistler

User Info: Xtreme-Void

Xtreme-Void
2 years ago#9
In single player it is alright, females looks less boring.

When in MMORPGs if you start pretending to be chick, that sick and considered a con man.
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 years ago#10
Orestes417 posted...
There's a difference between playing a female character and pretending to be a chick for free crap.

The latter is the acceptable one, right?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived