This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character
1 year ago#41
jedinat posted...
chandl34 posted...
Only played females in Morrowind with the Better Bodies mod.

Were you, too, the matriarch of a lesbian vampire harem?

You know, with a few chameleon rings, you really don't need armor.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
1 year ago#42
Only a beta male would use a female character in game.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
1 year ago#43
jedinat posted...
arleas posted...
If you want to talk a stigma, try telling someone you prefer playing as a khajiit or an argonian in Skyrim or Oblivion... You'd almost think they thought you were as bad as a BRONY for crying out loud.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just because dat reptilian jawline makes you weak in the the knees... and those come hither kitty cat eyes make you melt in all the right places... people always getting the wrong idea. It's unfair.

You never read the Lusty Argonian Maid? I'd go on a hunt across the whole country looking for the next book.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
1 year ago#44
jedinat posted...
Yeah his post was pretty ignorant. I enjoy playing a psychotic young girl in Walking Dead season 2, not because I wish I was a 12 year old girl... but because its just fun to have control over that kind of character. Whenever I select an avatar, I don't think "this is me" I think "this is my avatar".

Because playing as one of two main characters in a completely story driven game that you have absolutely no control over who you play as is the same thing we are talking about?

no **** there isn't a "stigma" if the game doesn't give you a choice over what sex to play as...

DetectiveZ posted...
I always wanted to know how it feels like to be a girl.

This to me is weird. THis is what I was talking about when I said you are "projecting" something. There is some sort of psychological need or desire to experience life as the other sex. Sounds like it goes a bit farther than "i wish i knew what it felt like to have boobs".
1 year ago#45
If it was a bad thing, Metroid and Tomb Raider wouldnt've had more than one game.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
1 year ago#46
macheteman posted...
Because playing as one of two main characters in a completely story driven game that you have absolutely no control over who you play as is the same thing we are talking about?

no **** there isn't a "stigma" if the game doesn't give you a choice over what sex to play as...

"Stigma" wasn't the issue; how much I enjoyed playing the character was what makes it relevant.
1 year ago#47
Terrorknight3 posted...
Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character

During our life time there will probably always be a stigma against guys who want to play as girls, especially in role playing games. Sure, some guys playing as chicks might have their own innocent reasons to do it but it still immediately raises a red flag for most people.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
1 year ago#48
While I always play a male character when given the option, because I like to roleplay myself in games (yes, I'm borderline narcissistic), I don't see a problem with someone wanting to play as a female.

As long as they aren't using it purely to exploit someone, anyway, but people should know better by now anyway. It's safer to assume the old saying, however untrue, that "there are no girls on the internet" than to get fooled into a fake parasitic relationship by a guy (or even a genuine girl) playing a female character for exploitative .purposes.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
1 year ago#49
Is this really an issue? Anybody that really cares about the gender of the character they/other people play likely has some mental issues to sort out.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
1 year ago#50
PraetorXyn posted...
Well, it's understandable considering that in Japanese games women are usually attractive, and in western games, particularly medieval RPG's that aren't The Witcher series, women look like neanderthals with man faces and caveman arms.

You expect them to have a perfect complexion while continually exposed to the elements and retain ultra-petite figures while continually hoisting heavy broadswords, maces etc.? Of course they're going to pack on some muscle mass.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived