This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there still a negative stigma against male players that play female character

#51Raging_waterPosted 7/25/2014 6:36:07 PM
TO 500!
---
"Why go on living when we can bury you for $49.50?"
#52JKatarnPosted 7/25/2014 6:38:15 PM
n0suchluck posted...
macheteman posted...
there is something inherently wrong with male players consistently wanting to play as female characters.

The "i want something attractive to look at" is a terrible enough excuse (maybe when I was 13 I got off to videogame characters...), but as much as some people might not want to admit it....selecting a female character when given the choice is a projection of some part of yourself onto the game.

If you play videogames on a regular basis, you are projecting something. Now someone like gf who never plays games, I dont see a lot of projection, because she honestly doesn't give a crap.

Thanks Freud! Tell us more of your theories on the inner workings of the gamers mind

Not everyone is projecting themselves as the character they are playing in a videogame. Sometimes it's just a character that is in a story that you control. When you play a GTA game and run over pedestrians or shoot rockets at cars are you really projecting yourself as that character?

Oh man, all those demons I killed in doom, all the senseless Imp deaths...I better see a psychologist ASAP!
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#53LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/25/2014 6:38:32 PM
JKatarn posted...
You expect them to have a perfect complexion while continually exposed to the elements and retain ultra-petite figures while continually hoisting heavy broadswords, maces etc.? Of course they're going to pack on some muscle mass.

Don't try to pretend that historical accuracy is the reason they look like that in games, because that's a load of horse s***.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#54Solid_FakePosted 7/25/2014 6:51:22 PM
Men that play as females, when given the option between male and female, are likely to rate themselves as a three or four on the Kinsey scale.
---
Do you get to the Cloud District very often?
Oh, what am I saying; of course you don't.
#55DawnshadowPosted 7/25/2014 6:56:28 PM
I don't see why there would be.

(I tend to pull the opposite, though.)
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#56JKatarnPosted 7/25/2014 6:57:30 PM
macheteman posted...
jedinat posted...
Yeah his post was pretty ignorant. I enjoy playing a psychotic young girl in Walking Dead season 2, not because I wish I was a 12 year old girl... but because its just fun to have control over that kind of character. Whenever I select an avatar, I don't think "this is me" I think "this is my avatar".

Because playing as one of two main characters in a completely story driven game that you have absolutely no control over who you play as is the same thing we are talking about?

no **** there isn't a "stigma" if the game doesn't give you a choice over what sex to play as...

DetectiveZ posted...
I always wanted to know how it feels like to be a girl.

This to me is weird. THis is what I was talking about when I said you are "projecting" something. There is some sort of psychological need or desire to experience life as the other sex. Sounds like it goes a bit farther than "i wish i knew what it felt like to have boobs".

Here I was thinking there was more to understanding the opposite sex, but you have enlightened me. The crux of the female experience is feeling what it's like to have boobs.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#57JKatarnPosted 7/25/2014 7:00:08 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
JKatarn posted...
You expect them to have a perfect complexion while continually exposed to the elements and retain ultra-petite figures while continually hoisting heavy broadswords, maces etc.? Of course they're going to pack on some muscle mass.

Don't try to pretend that historical accuracy is the reason they look like that in games, because that's a load of horse s***.

Maybe they wanted them to look more like actual female warriors instead of Playboy bunnies with swords? Either way I don't really care, and if this is a major point of contention for you, might want to make more productive use of your time.
---
#58cancerstormPosted 7/25/2014 7:16:30 PM
no i'm always a 6'6" muscular specimen of a man in games because that's who i am irl
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#59LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/25/2014 7:22:15 PM
JKatarn posted...
1. Maybe they wanted them to look more like actual female warriors instead of Playboy bunnies with swords?

2. Either way I don't really care,

3. and if this is a major point of contention for you, might want to make more productive use of your time.

1. I reiterate: that's a load of horse s***
2. If that were true you wouldn't be arguing with me on the internet.
3. Don't be pretentious. I responded to one thing you said. Jumping to the "HURR GET A LIFE" thing right away? Classy.

cancerstorm posted...
no i'm always a 6'6" muscular specimen of a man in games because that's who i am irl

HULKSTER IS THAT YOU?!
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#60arleasPosted 7/25/2014 7:38:00 PM
Raging_water posted...
TO 500!

This isn't that much of a hot-button topic and/or TC did it all wrong.

He's supposed to do something to invite more people to attack him (and thus get moderated) OR he's supposed to ridicule the people themselves to encourage them to come out of the woodworks to be attacked (and then probably mod both sides of the argument)

The only way this topic will make it to 500 is on life support.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png