This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is WarCraft III?

#1pwnater777Posted 7/24/2014 6:44:53 PM
I've looked at buying WarCraft III in the past, but I haven't done much actual researching of it. My favorite Blizzard game is StarCraft 2, is it similar at all? Also, I recently tried out World of WarCraft, but I realized that it's definitely not the game for me.

Would I enjoy WarCraft III if I liked SC2?
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 7/24/2014 6:54:23 PM
Warcraft 3 is more micro (controlling army units) oriented compared to Sc2 which is heavily macro (production, tech) oriented.

you can also control heroes on wc3 and can only do so in some campaign maps and custom arcade games in Sc2. Map layout and the metagame plays a much bigger roll in starcraft aswell
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:55:18 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Warcraft 3 is more micro (controlling army units) oriented compared to Sc2 which is heavily macro (production, tech) oriented.

you can also control heroes on wc3 and can only do so in some campaign maps and custom arcade games in Sc2. Map layout and the metagame plays a much bigger roll in starcraft aswell

Hmm, and is the multiplayer still active at all?
---
#4Cool_Dude667Posted 7/24/2014 6:57:10 PM(edited)
Yea but the community shifted toward thirdparty matchmaking clients and its mostly all DOTA/melee from what ive heard

I always see russians streaming it on twitch
---
#5Hi CPosted 7/24/2014 7:00:27 PM
All "rts" follows the same formula. Do what the game wants you to do when it wants you to do it and you win. There is no "strategy" involved.
#6Cool_Dude667Posted 7/24/2014 7:07:51 PM
Hi C posted...
All "rts" follows the same formula. Do what the game wants you to do when it wants you to do it and you win. There is no "strategy" involved.

wut
---
#7Unsugarized_FooPosted 7/24/2014 7:08:52 PM
Its still fairly active. Its very active for a game of its age.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#8pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 7:16:11 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Yea but the community shifted toward thirdparty matchmaking clients and its mostly all DOTA/melee from what ive heard

I always see russians streaming it on twitch

Thanks, this sorta helps gauge my interest in that part. How is the single player story mode? I'd also be getting the Frozen Throne.

Unsugarized_Foo posted...
Its still fairly active. Its very active for a game of its age.

I love when games are like that. It's nice to know that some games still have dedicated fanbases, despite age.

Hi C posted...

LOLWHAT
---
#9Damaged7Posted 7/24/2014 7:30:16 PM
Hi C posted...

So much dumb.
---
Bold Text
#10leon_trunksPosted 7/24/2014 7:36:07 PM
I'd like to play some Warcraft 3 now as well. Which 3rd party client is popular for it atm?