This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New MMO suggestions for my wife and I?

#1AceallwaysPosted 7/24/2014 6:15:48 PM
Don't care if it isn't the best game, just looking for something new.

Free MMORPG, ideally fantasy.

Needs to have been released in the last 6 months.

Thanks so much!
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 7/24/2014 6:17:44 PM
ESO is actually pretty damn good for a MMO
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#32Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 7/24/2014 6:21:55 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
ESO is actually pretty damn good for a MMO

About as far from free as you can get
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#4DawnshadowPosted 7/24/2014 6:25:55 PM
ESO isn't free.

Actually, I don't know of any notable free MMOs released in the last six months at all offhand. (Although in a quick bit of research I found a bit about a Korean MMO called Bless that's coming out late this year, but the website's all in Korean and I can't read it.)

Of the ones I know about, I'd suggest Tera (which I haven't tried personally, but looked like it might be fun), Rift, or if you don't mind buy to play Guild Wars 2. No, none of them are from the past six months.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#5returnofbeansPosted 7/24/2014 6:26:59 PM
vindictus is free and pretty awesome. easy to get into despite how fast motion it appears to be.
---
Intel i5-4750 3.2Ghz / MSI Z87-G41 / 2X 4GB DDR3 / 2 TB HDD / Geforce GTX 580 / 500W 80+ bronze
#6Aceallways(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:29:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. We have played Tera, Rift, GW2, and Vindictus. Still playing GW2 occasionally but kinda done with the others. I remember seeing a few games come out and thinking I should play them eventually but now I can't find them! Maybe more like in the last year?
#7drinkPosted 7/24/2014 6:32:23 PM
http://bit.ly/1rARdmn
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#8jedinatPosted 7/24/2014 6:32:50 PM
Aceallways posted...
Thanks for the suggestions so far. We have played Tera, Rift, GW2, and Vindictus. Still playing GW2 occasionally but kinda done with the others. I remember seeing a few games come out and thinking I should play them eventually but now I can't find them! Maybe more like in the last year?

Neverwinter is decent as far as F2P games go.
#9Aceallways(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:35:12 PM
drink posted...
http://bit.ly/1rARdmn

Played neverwinter.

This was actually kind of helpful!
#10Ivany2008Posted 7/24/2014 6:36:11 PM
why does it need to be released within the last 6 months? I mean private servers of the old Ragnarok Online kept me busy for almost a year, same with Runescape v1.0, both of them were free.

by playing an mmo that is newly released your severely limiting your playing options.

Ragnarok Online 2 was released last year and is apparently free to play, theres Aion, Age of Conan, Tera Rising, DC Universe Online, Rift, Planetside 2, and LOTRO.

other than those, your scraping to find anything worth playing released within the last 6 months. All of those games are buggy as all hell, ESO is damn near unplayable and its economy is pretty terrible.

I'd suggest paying money for either WoW or FFXIV Online, but that really isn't your thing