This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this too good to be true? Never heard of this game, but it looks really good.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this too good to be true? Never heard of this game, but it looks really good.
2 years ago#1
80/80

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Some sort of space sim, sandbox environment with MMO elements, as well as a single player but cohesive design keeping both related. Graphics seem very impressive also, which was the most surprising part. I would have thought this game would be more talked about. Im always trying to find good PC games, and i cant believe i didnt come across this one.

Anyways, anyone played this, or know if its any good? Or is this a ''pay for the alpha that never gets finished'' type of deal?

Oh, and look at the requirements.

MINIMUM system requirements
-Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit) or Windows 8 (64 bit)
-DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
-Quad core CPU
-8GB Memory

Dont think ive ever seen a game require more than 4GB, which was the recommended spec. I just dont see what in this game could take up that much system ram...anyone have any ideas?
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
2 years ago#2
...this is extremely well known. Huge kickstarted project. Many millions.
2 years ago#3
Never heard of this game.
2 years ago#4
Shut up.
http://gfycat.com/FoolishThinIslandwhistler
2 years ago#5
Star CItizen is arguably among the most famous kickstarter games in development.
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
2 years ago#6
SleepComa posted...
Shut up.

You.
2 years ago#7
Don't make me get the fire hose...
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
2 years ago#8
Anyone played it? It looks fairly impressive just from the trailer. Was looking for someone's opinion on their experience playing.
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
2 years ago#9
If you can buy a better processor for your PC before buying the game, then go get it. This game will take a lot of power to run well.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
2 years ago#10
Most awful webdesign I've seen in a few days.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is this too good to be true? Never heard of this game, but it looks really good.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived