This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F keys = Function keys. huh, I never knew.

#1chaos_belmontPosted 7/25/2014 8:54:09 AM
Twenty or so years of keyboard ignorance, yay.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#2Mudkip57Posted 7/25/2014 9:03:26 AM
I still don't know what the Pause Break button does. Google the answer is too simple. I want to find out on my own, damnit!
#3SinisterSlayPosted 7/25/2014 9:04:13 AM
scroll lock and SysRq keys are more confusing.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4El MagnificoPosted 7/25/2014 9:05:58 AM
To make things even crazier, laptops have a function key (Fn) to modify the function of the Fn keys.
#5InterfusorPosted 7/25/2014 9:11:53 AM
I think scroll lock has a use in Excel.
---
I am not economically viable.
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 7/25/2014 9:13:53 AM
Mudkip57 posted...
I still don't know what the Pause Break button does. Google the answer is too simple. I want to find out on my own, damnit!

The Pause / Break key was VERY useful in the MS-DOS era. Pause is still quite useful nowdays, but not as much. Break... not so much. Scroll Lock is still useful, specially for people who use Excel.

Print Screen = still useful.

As for SysRq... I heard it is useful on Linux, but I've never used it myself. :p
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#7KillerTrufflePosted 7/25/2014 9:19:59 AM
In some older applications, Scroll Lock would toggle between allowing the arrow keys to move the cursor and scrolling the whole window. Excel still sort of uses this idea, by toggling between the arrow keys scrolling the worksheet or selecting the next adjacent cell.

SysRq was apparently originally designed to let you switch between operating systems. I've never once used it.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#8SinisterSlayPosted 7/25/2014 9:21:49 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
In some older applications, Scroll Lock would toggle between allowing the arrow keys to move the cursor and scrolling the whole window. Excel still sort of uses this idea, by toggling between the arrow keys scrolling the worksheet or selecting the next adjacent cell.

SysRq was apparently originally designed to let you switch between operating systems. I've never once used it.

I am not even certain how to use it since its on the same key as print screen.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9wildog2006Posted 7/25/2014 9:53:56 AM
I use print screen daily at work. It's easier to take a quick snapshot using alt+print screen and paste in into paint than print it, walk to printer, wait for printer to print, walk back to desk, use info on paper for 5 minutes, then throw paper away when done.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#10Puckswack12Posted 7/25/2014 10:15:22 AM
Alt f4 is all I ever use.
---
Yup