This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Epic is ******* up UT again. Atleast it's free this time.

#1Abiz_Posted 7/25/2014 7:56:14 AM(edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z91EHZTOyJ0

They are removing double jump and talking about tight corridor shooting like UT99... Now if my memory serve me right... UT3 failed because no one wanted the ground base corridor **** in 2007. Hardly had 2k players a week out after launch. Why do they keep living in the past... They need to stop making UT99 and make something new for arena shooters or maybe hand the series over to Digital Extreme../rant
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#2SythisTaruPosted 7/25/2014 7:59:21 AM
It's open development, why not go post some ideas on the forum. They do actually reply 9/10 times.
#3cory1225Posted 7/25/2014 8:00:23 AM
LOL they said double jumping is complicated
---
Currently playing : Left 4 Dead 2, Skyrim, Counter Strike GO
#4KillerTrufflePosted 7/25/2014 8:04:34 AM
UT was never really a "corridor shooter" sort of game. It has always been a twitch arena game with a huge amount of Z-axis fighting, forcing you to watch above and below you as well as on all sides.

Also, I guarantee, without question, there will be double jump. If they don't put it in natively, it'll be modded in. No way that's staying out of the game.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5cory1225Posted 7/25/2014 8:07:28 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
UT was never really a "corridor shooter" sort of game. It has always been a twitch arena game with a huge amount of Z-axis fighting, forcing you to watch above and below you as well as on all sides.

Also, I guarantee, without question, there will be double jump. If they don't put it in natively, it'll be modded in. No way that's staying out of the game.

Well the way it sounds is the reason they didn't want double jump is because bad players couldn't predict which direction the enemy would go in, so they want make it easier for new players to be able to hit the targets which I think is completely ridiculous.
---
Currently playing : Left 4 Dead 2, Skyrim, Counter Strike GO
#6jake-sfPosted 7/25/2014 8:15:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7KillerTrufflePosted 7/25/2014 8:10:54 AM
cory1225 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Well the way it sounds is the reason they didn't want double jump is because bad players couldn't predict which direction the enemy would go in, so they want make it easier for new players to be able to hit the targets which I think is completely ridiculous.

Well, the way you resolve that little problem is make double jump a mutator that can be enabled/disabled by the host, rather than just totally removing it.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#8AlleRacingPosted 7/25/2014 8:10:59 AM
UT99 is the best one, so I'm perfectly fine with a game closer resembling it than UT2004.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png
#9Renraku_SanPosted 7/25/2014 8:29:53 AM
God I loved UT99, remember playing that on Dial-up with 500ms pings.
---
"Free the herb, heal the nation, heal the sick." -Black Uhuru
#10AsucaHayashiPosted 7/25/2014 8:38:17 AM
f2p.

double jump = $5
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg