This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Epic is ******* up UT again. Atleast it's free this time.

#31Abiz_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 3:49:57 PM(edited)
JKatarn posted...

Maybe the world doesn't revolve around you and your wants, but what the market as a whole wants? Shocking, I know. Also, I played plenty of SF2 back in the day and SF4 is definitely as step up from the original in several areas (while retaining many of the same moves, combos), I think you might have the rose-tinted glasses on a bit tight.

UT3 was a modern Ut99 and it failed. Market doesn't want another one.

All the weapons were op. Movement was heavy and dodging was asking for death. UT99 is a time piece. It was great for it's time, but it will fail over and over again now a days.

Bugs didn't kill it. Only major bug that UT3 had at launch was the servers would go into a loop when you tried to download custom content. Which isn't why it die. People played the beta and decided it wasn't worth their money.

Like I said before we don't need Ut99. We also don't need UT2k4. We need something new. Like how big of a jump Ut2k4 was to UT99. Some people didn't like how much it changed but it wasn't doa like UT3 was.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#32bluemooglePosted 7/25/2014 3:46:45 PM
Take UT2k4

Give 2015 graphics

Game of the decade in book, not joking
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#33rainedownPosted 7/25/2014 4:24:46 PM
bluemoogle posted...
Take UT2k4

Give 2015 graphics

Agreed. Whether other people agree, it's the defining game of the franchise for most people I know. We look for that kind of movement control in shooters all the time now, whether it's Gotham city impostors or Titanfall. It keeps the game feeling fast paced and gives a defensive option besides armor and health upgrades.

Almost every other game out there is very limited to the ground, why would you want another one?
#34SythisTaruPosted 7/25/2014 4:45:12 PM
rainedown posted...
bluemoogle posted...
Take UT2k4

Give 2015 graphics

Agreed. Whether other people agree, it's the defining game of the franchise for most people I know. We look for that kind of movement control in shooters all the time now, whether it's Gotham city impostors or Titanfall. It keeps the game feeling fast paced and gives a defensive option besides armor and health upgrades.

Almost every other game out there is very limited to the ground, why would you want another one?

I always liked Halo's jumpy/floatyness too.
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/25/2014 8:38:01 PM
rainedown posted...
bluemoogle posted...
Take UT2k4

Give 2015 graphics

Why not play all the clones it spawned? There's dozens of trickshooters that came out over the years. Nobody plays those, though. Wonder why?
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#36meestah009Posted 7/25/2014 11:20:39 PM
I played the hell out of UT99 and loved it. Then when 2004 came out I liked the increase mobility with the dodge jumping and double jumping even more. You could actually survive against someone with powerful aoe weapons like the shock rifle or fully loaded rocket launcher. Then Epic "listened to the fans" and took the mobility out and...yeah. Didn't work out so well.

So let's continue the trend, of course! Well, whatever. They're never bringing back the ripper anyways. And nothing will ever compare to Quake 2's lithium mod. All you really need is a railgun and a grappling hook.
---
Grammar police mode: DEACTIVATED // PC Specs: OFFLINE // Switching to: NON-DOUCHE MODE
#37DisastersaurusPosted 7/25/2014 11:50:09 PM
The game's open source. Double-jump will be in it one way or another.
---
video games are for children
#38Silent Sniper IV(Moderator)Posted 7/25/2014 11:57:15 PM(edited)
UT99 was best UT. Comparing it to UT3 is an insult.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#39bluemooglePosted 7/26/2014 11:36:36 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
rainedown posted...
bluemoogle posted...
Take UT2k4

Give 2015 graphics

Why not play all the clones it spawned? There's dozens of trickshooters that came out over the years. Nobody plays those, though. Wonder why?

A big part of it might be lacking the UT name and the marketing. I didn't even know Gotham City Imposters played like UT2k4 since I had very little interest in researching that game, and they certainly didn't market it very much.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#40AsellusPosted 7/29/2014 6:04:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0FKjMhqEJI

Some TDM footage on untextured maps. Skip to 1:30. Looking pretty good, I'd say.