This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top 3 Rogue-Likes on PC?

#171MarceloSampaioPosted 7/27/2014 5:33:26 AM
Damaged7 posted...
Okay here is the totals this far. I only removed the obvious joke posts.

Rogue Legacy - 10
FTL - 9
Binding of Isaac - 7
Nethack - 7
SOTS The Pit - 5
Spelunky - 5
Tales of Maj'Eyal - 4
ToME - 3
Dungeons of Dredmore - 3
Risk of Rain - 3
Dwarf Fortress - 3
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup - 3
Ragnarok - 2
Elona - 2
A.D.O.M - 2
DoomRL - 2
Dungeon of the Endless - 2
Rogue - 1
Diablo - 1
Castle of the Winds - 1
Azure Dreams - 1
Rouge Shooter - 1
Powder - 1
Desktop Dungeons - 1
Path of Exile Races - 1
Tower of Guns - 1
Abyss Odyssey - 1
NEO Scavenger - 1
Unreal World - 1
Hero Siege - 1
Eldritch - 1
Wazhack - 1

And Shadow, just leave the topic if everyone is calling the genres wrong. What do you have to gain from it? You like trolling? Yeah we get that, time to move on and troll another topic.

Hey, just as an FYI: Tales of Maj'Eyal and ToME are the same game, so this would put it tied with Binding of Isaac and Nethack.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#172ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/27/2014 5:40:57 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Hey, just as an FYI: Tales of Maj'Eyal and ToME are the same game, so this would put it tied with Binding of Isaac and Nethack.

Binding of Isaac isn't a roguelike, though.
#173blade wingPosted 7/27/2014 6:01:39 AM
Dungeon Crawl Stone
The Sewer Goblet: The Wu-Tang Clan and the Wu-Tang Baby
FTL (Rogue-lite choice)

Seriously though, no love in this thread for The Sewer Goblet?
---
3DS FC: 4425-1798-0970
#174MarceloSampaioPosted 7/27/2014 7:00:45 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

Binding of Isaac isn't a roguelike, though.

Yes, I get it. You've said it a million times already.

And, as stated before, I agree with the The Berlin Interpretation, however I have no need to keep spamming this thread saying the same thing over and over., like you.

In fact, you are just seeking attention, and its not funny. Try to be mature, for a change, and just give up. Or, if this thread bugs you so much, leave.

Me, I'm gonna add you on my ignore list, instead of keep on discussing with you. ;)
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#175SinfullyvannilaPosted 7/27/2014 7:12:25 AM
blade wing posted...
Dungeon Crawl Stone
The Sewer Goblet: The Wu-Tang Clan and the Wu-Tang Baby
FTL (Rogue-lite choice)

Seriously though, no love in this thread for The Sewer Goblet?

It's hilarious but ridiculously easy. Beat it on my first attempt.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#176jonsushiPosted 7/27/2014 9:30:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#177jonsushiPosted 7/27/2014 10:10:30 AM
Sexy_L4DY posted...
Does anyone know of an upcoming (if not already out) game similar to these that is about a huge, massive spaceship crashing with 2 survivors? I *think* you control both of them and the goal is to escape from the spaceship?

Sounds interesting. I'd like to know the name too.

The only other thing about it that I could remember was that it had an unusual title for that description. I finally found it...

It's Dungeon of the Endless.

Considering that was the first game mentioned in this topic, that's either hilarious or sad. Lol.

So how is it? Haha. :)

---
Playing: BF4, GTA 5 (PS3), Dark Souls, Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Wants: HL3, a PS4, Xbox One
#178Sexy_L4DY(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 10:34:06 AM(edited)
jonsushi posted...
Sexy_L4DY posted...
Does anyone know of an upcoming (if not already out) game similar to these that is about a huge, massive spaceship crashing with 2 survivors? I *think* you control both of them and the goal is to escape from the spaceship?

Sounds interesting. I'd like to know the name too.

The only other thing about it that I could remember was that it had an unusual title for that description. I finally found it...

It's Dungeon of the Endless.

Considering that was the first game mentioned in this topic, that's either hilarious or sad. Lol.

So how is it? Haha. :)

LOL well then, that's awkward. It's a roguelike/tower defense game. You control your party. You can have them split up and search the level or stick together. Everytime you open up a door you gain resources and dust. Dust can be used to buy items from the merchant. These include weapons and armor.

You also need dust to power up rooms so that you can deploy turrets and other gadgets. Rooms you have opened that aren't powered will spawn enemies. The enemies will go straight for your crystal and once its destroyed or your party dies, it's game over. You level up your characters using food (one of the three resources) you also use food to recruit new party members. So you have to decide if you wanna level up your party or keep them at a lower level just in case you run into a useful ally.

Cool characters to choose from. All of them have different abilities that you can use in combat and unique passives (or there's supporting characters like a Nurse who will heal your members in combat.)

Once you start unlocking them you need to decide if you want someone who can explore incredibly fast or strong characters that will cut through enemies much easier than say the Nurse.

And they're adding online!

tl;dr
Yeah long description but it's one of my favorite games on steam lol :')
---
http://i.imgur.com/yKUD2k6.gif
Leader and member of the Eva Marines fan club! Current members: 14
#179yarsPosted 7/27/2014 11:08:37 AM
Super mario brothers 3 has always been my favorite roguelike.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#180BoswerLKPosted 7/27/2014 11:36:26 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Sexy_L4DY posted...
Why can't Roguelike be the same?

Because it's not the same. It's not a sub genre for you and your casual friends to crap up.

I wasn't aware rng gambling was hardcore

so, were roguelike players like the dark souls elitist community of back in the day then?
---
My reviews: http://boswerlk.wordpress.com
Valar Morghulis