This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Risen 3 - Back To The Roots

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Risen 3 - Back To The Roots
1 year ago#21
I never played the first. I played the second on 360 and it was pretty decent. Once you got strong enough to kill the animals and learned about the 1 hit kill traps it was pretty enjoyable.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
1 year ago#22
I'm really tempted to pre order now for the bonuses but I'm still worried about how the game will turn out. I really liked the Gothic and Risen Games. I still have yet to finish Risen 2. I'm really enjoying it atm. But I've seen PB's release record of releasing very buggy games. That's what I'm really worried about.

Right now, I'm waiting in case they have that 10% off sale on GMG or Steam. I'll probably pre-purchase it to the last minute to get the bonuses.
1 year ago#23
They really need to revamp animal combat. If you don't have an AI partner, they can cheese you to death, especially those Damn jaguars.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
1 year ago#24
risen 2 made me puke
motion sickness ftw.
---
3ds FC 4398 9255 6363
1 year ago#25
Here's how I feel about the series:

Risen 1 - Good game with adequate combat system. I could tell as the game went on that they had become increasingly rushed when making it and eventually lost interest what I realized I was fighting the same enemies over and over with very little variation.

Risen 2 - Could not get into this one. I gave it 2 or 3 fresh tries hoping that it was just me being in an impatient mood, but the combat was really a step down from the first game. It seemed to have far less strategy. It kind of went the "Wittcher 2" route where they tried to add "modern" features to the game like quick time events and ended up just making it worse.

I'll keep an eye on Risen 3. I'm not really expecting a lot out of it, but it looks good from what I've seen so far. The plot kind of stinks of "who cares" to me, but I guess these games are rarely about a deep plot anyway, more about just exploring and doing what you want to do. Nothing wrong with that.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
1 year ago#26
Why is Risen 1 not on Steam?
---
http://i.imgur.com/yKUD2k6.gif
Leader and member of the Eva Marines fan club! Current members: 14
1 year ago#27
So, seeing this topic made me go and install Risen 2, because I have it but never tried it out. Put in 12 minutes and, I've gotta say, it just seems like a worse Divinity 2. With pirates instead of the high fantasy setting. First red flag was that moving my mouse 1/4 of an inch would spin the camera around completely.

Maybe it's got a good story, but the game just didn't handle in anyway I liked. Camera speed was one setting, and vertical was way too slow compared to horizontal. Moved slowly, the combat seemed rather sluggish.

Here's hoping Risen 3 can be better. And hey, it's published by Deep Silver, so at least it'll go into a deep discount relatively soon.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
1 year ago#28
Risen 2 plays much better with a gamepad.

Also, the first Risen is on Steam, I got it with Risen 2 in a bundle for a few bucks about a month ago.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
1 year ago#29
This looks really cool, is the combat in all the games action based? The hotbar kind of throws me off, but the melee combat looks pretty active, which is most likely what I'd do. And with that asked, is the Gothic series also action based?
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
1 year ago#30
Guitar_Hero_Guy posted...
This looks really cool, is the combat in all the games action based? The hotbar kind of throws me off, but the melee combat looks pretty active, which is most likely what I'd do. And with that asked, is the Gothic series also action based?

Yeah Risen 1 has real time combat. It's very simple... you basically swing in a standard combo and as you level up your weapon skill can gain the ability to charge up attacks. You start the game with a dodge ability that you can use to dive out of the way and can get a shield to block attacks.

It's pretty fun, but gets repetitive many hours into the game. Still, not a bad combat system.

Risen 2 messed with it and I found it frustrating. I couldn't get the hang of combat in the sequel.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Risen 3 - Back To The Roots

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived