This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Challenging RPG with a massive open world and engaging combat?

#21Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 9:19:24 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
I can't think of any open world games with good combat because they mostly get dumbed down for consoles.
Maybe Daggerfall?
Maybe one day we will get Mount & Blade Warband combat in an open world.

I actually have M&B in my Steam library! Just too lazy to download it. Saw it on sale for like $5. Read some reviews about it being an extremely hard frustrating game. So I bought it. :P what sort of combat does it have?
#22Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 9:21:00 AM
Bane766 posted...
Morrowind's combat is much harder than Skyrim's...but it's still the same basic thing.

Also NNK is barely turnbased. It has much more action than your typical tb game.

Its turn based because actions take a certain time to recharge. Running away from many attacks still mean you take damage for it. Even if you were realistically way out of range.
#23Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 9:21:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24Bane766Posted 7/28/2014 9:22:17 AM
Critcal50 posted...
Bane766 posted...
Morrowind's combat is much harder than Skyrim's...but it's still the same basic thing.

Also NNK is barely turnbased. It has much more action than your typical tb game.

Its turn based because actions take a certain time to recharge. Running away from many attacks still mean you take damage for it. Even if you were realistically way out of range.

Yeah but it's LESS tb than most other tb games. For instance an early FF game.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#25RaikouenPosted 7/28/2014 9:23:03 AM
Dragon's Dogma?
#26youngfossilPosted 7/28/2014 9:25:05 AM
Darksiders(1)(2)
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#27SinisterSlayPosted 7/28/2014 9:26:06 AM
Critcal50 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
I can't think of any open world games with good combat because they mostly get dumbed down for consoles.
Maybe Daggerfall?
Maybe one day we will get Mount & Blade Warband combat in an open world.

I actually have M&B in my Steam library! Just too lazy to download it. Saw it on sale for like $5. Read some reviews about it being an extremely hard frustrating game. So I bought it. :P what sort of combat does it have?

Some of the best ever. You can google it to find out more.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121234195
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#28tumbleweed1Posted 7/28/2014 10:02:24 AM
gothic,risen,divinity 2
#29NingishzidaPosted 7/28/2014 12:38:26 PM
Raikouen posted...
Dragon's Dogma?

This isn't a PC game.
#30SuigintouEVPosted 7/28/2014 12:59:45 PM
I can't think of any PC games. Actually, I think sandbox games and quality are fundamentally opposed concepts. Games with good combat are inherently tighter and more structured because of how the budget gets used. The only games I can think of that even remotely blend good combat with open worlds are console games like Shadow of the Collosus, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Okami HD - but they're all inherently structured experiences IMO.

....your best bet is probably Baldur's Gate 1.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II