This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Challenging RPG with a massive open world and engaging combat?

#51That1GuyyPosted 7/30/2014 11:21:58 PM
TC, have you tried Way of the Samurai 3/4 on the PS3? I thought the combat system was pretty great, and the story progression mechanic is pretty great. My biggest complaint with 3 (the only one I've played) is that the world is pretty small. It certainly doesn't fit your requirement of a big world, with only eight areas of various size, but the story allows for a lot of replayability. Any ending can be reached in a couple of hours at most, but there are 22 of them, and it's a challenge to figure out how to get all of them.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#52That1GuyyPosted 7/30/2014 11:23:54 PM
I mostly recommend the game because of people posting that a lot of real time RPGs don't have very engaging combat. I found the game's combat to be something I could really get behind. I wish more games were like it.
---
#5313year_old_girlPosted 7/30/2014 11:47:03 PM
Guild Wars 2
World of Warcraft
EVE Online

have fun
---
hi I'm 13 and i love being random! be random with me <:)
#54J_walker6Posted 7/31/2014 12:30:13 AM
macheteman posted...
modded skyrim is honestly the only game that fits TC's requirements.

This. Skyrim fits every single one of your requirements except for combat (and it's combat IS bad). But if you mod the game (requiem, Skyrim redone or combat realism) you'll find it becomes quite good, very difficult, and lots of thinking to come out alive.
#55That1GuyyPosted 7/31/2014 2:09:42 AM
The last time I tried combat mods in Skyrim, all they did was make the game harder. They did not solve in any way the problem that the essence of the combat itself is dreadfully boring.
---