This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Either of the Next Gen Consoles Worth It?

#41ShadowThaReaperPosted 7/27/2014 8:29:56 PM
Clouddx posted...
the Wii U is on par with the graphics of the PS3/360.

No, it really isn't.
#42ssringoPosted 7/27/2014 8:47:51 PM
You already have a gaming PC so any multiplatform should automatically be on PC. Since console exclusives perform better on PS4 that's where you go for those games. So XBone isn't worth it unless you're the most massive Halo and Gears fan but if you were you'd already be buying an XBone.

That means between PS4 and XBone, the PS4 is the better choice. But there is jack for console exclusives now or in the near future so it's not worth getting until 2015 (which is when I'll look at getting a PS4).

If you're a fan of Nintendo exclusives then it has several solid games out and are getting a few more this year. Wii U isn't the best system to own by itself but it IS the best complimentary/secondary system to own. It's the only current gen system I've picked up so far.

/2c
---
"If all pc gamers are pirates and pc gamers are the master race, then logically . . .
Pirates = Master Race" -Piggins12
#43majinbuu58Posted 7/27/2014 9:04:05 PM
Wii U, 3ds and vita are the only things worth it right now. I really like my One but its essentially a movie box since there's only 5 games out that i enjoy.. and i already beat em
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#44FrauMann1Posted 7/27/2014 9:15:46 PM
Always room to improve your PC. I also agree with the Wii U as a secondary system since you should be getting most ports from the other 2 on the PC.
---
...just woke up.
#45RaikouenPosted 7/27/2014 9:46:08 PM
Psythik posted...
Unless you care about one particular console's exclusives there is absolutely no reason to buy into this gen, considering that these consoles are literally low-end gaming PCs with a stripped-down OS & no M+KB support.

They both register K&M and allow use in the internet browsers. Some games in the future may also allow it as an input method, just as CS:GO on PS3 did.
#46RaikouenPosted 7/27/2014 9:48:38 PM
Anyways, unless you like Sony's or Microsoft's exclusives, have friends to play with, or prefer a controller as an overall input method, then just stick with PC. If any of these options away you towards console, pick whichever suits you most. I personally sold my X1 as Forza was the only exclusive MS owns that I moderately enjoy and all my friends that had X1s either sold them or are just using it for Netflix and Hulu. I am sticking with PS4 and PC, and may get a Wii U soon.
#47PsythikPosted 7/27/2014 9:50:01 PM
Raikouen posted...
Psythik posted...
Unless you care about one particular console's exclusives there is absolutely no reason to buy into this gen, considering that these consoles are literally low-end gaming PCs with a stripped-down OS & no M+KB support.

They both register K&M and allow use in the internet browsers. Some games in the future may also allow it as an input method, just as CS:GO on PS3 did.
Ooooh, the internet browser. Exciting.

The fact of the matter is that widespread KB+M support will never happen in consoles because it would piss off too many controller purists. And even if it did, you might as well just build a PC instead.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#48RaikouenPosted 7/27/2014 9:57:11 PM
Psythik posted...
Raikouen posted...
Psythik posted...

Ooooh, the internet browser. Exciting.

The fact of the matter is that widespread KB+M support will never happen in consoles because it would piss off too many controller purists. And even if it did, you might as well just build a PC instead.

Not necessarily. The mouse adds precision, but all a keyboard adds is ease of accessing everything, yet the controllers now are more comfortable than they've ever been to press any button you'd want. Controllers offer better control over your character, and playing any FPS on console will show you that the better players use this to their advantage.
#49Cubis101Posted 7/27/2014 9:57:40 PM
I have all 3 and let me tell you if you have a decent gaming PC then don't bother with either of those! You can play almost everything they can on PC.

Now if you want a console that only has exclusives you cannot find on the PC than you might wanna pick up a Wii U.

I mean honestly it's the best option. I'm not here to tell you Nintendo is perfect, I'm just going to say that from my point of view it's the best option.
---
GT & PSN & Steam ID: Cubis101
Currently Playing: Runescape, Team Fortress 2, Black Ops 2, Bravely Default, Sword of Mana, Yakuman DS, Locke's Quest
#50RaikouenPosted 7/27/2014 9:59:28 PM
I honestly don't understand why they don't allow K&M in more console games. It's honestly a very overrated input method IMO, but it offers those who like it that much more variety.

I will say, a few console games that allowed it was fun to play with it though. Never again will I attempt Sim City or Command And Conquer with a controller...