This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EXPERIENCED GAMEING LAPTOP GURUS!, I need some advice....

#1robb226Posted 7/27/2014 8:20:04 PM
So guys, I really need a hand, if someone is especially helpful, I may offer a small reward, SO!, i'm in the market for a high-end gameing laptop, not TOP-of the line, but pretty darn close, and I found what I feel is a great value, but im worried about a couple things,

- A - cooling, Im looking at the "CyberPowerPC Fangbook EVO HFX7-1000" and i hear they have terrible cooling, and i'm wondering if that's why the price is good great. Will a laptop cooler solve that for me, I don't game for long periods of time anyways, I just want to tier performance when I do, and blazing fast computing for everyday tasks.

- B - The GPU, i'm going for a gtx 870m, the 880 drives the prices WAY up, and I wont be gaming enough to justify it, I play XBOX ONE mostly, SO, some sites list the onboard GPU ram at 6GIGs DDR5, but some list the same GPU at 3GIGs, are there two different models of the same GPU?,

- C - The ram, I cant figure out if it will support the DDR3L, it comes with 16gigs on board, but the two lower end models, the HFX7-800 & 900 come with just 8, are between 1 and 3 hundred less, but the top tier comes with an extra 120gig SSD, which I HOPE the OS is installed on, along with the 1TB mechanical drive,I can fix that if it isn't, but
so guys, these are the links,

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8939386&csid=_61&rrpl=item_page.content1&rrstr=ClickCP&rrindex=0

that's my front runner, as its only about 100 more, has the SSD, and comes with 16gigs on board, BUT, if I swap to DDR3L, what good do the existing chips do me, unless I trade em in somewhere.

here's the lower end model, identical as far as I can tell on the GPU/CPU, but doesn't have the SSD, and only 8GIGs

OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!, I have a wife, an infant baby, a insanely hard job at Comcast, and im running low on time to make a decision....theyre definitely good values IMO, but please any input would be great...
#2WyzeGyePosted 7/27/2014 8:21:16 PM
Keep on trollin trollin trollin
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#3WyzeGyePosted 7/27/2014 8:23:14 PM
Honestly there's nothing wrong with that link you posted... If you absolutely need a laptop, go for it.

And don't worry your pretty little head over ram differences
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#4ClouddxPosted 7/27/2014 8:26:39 PM
>hard job
>comcast

pick one

Also CyberPowerPC is terrible, look into Sager, Lenovo or something else.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#5robb226(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 8:29:39 PM
how am I trolling in any shape way or form, I genuinely need help, ive been looking for a lot of it lately lol, check my history, im an "Idol" on this board, I love PC gameing if that's what your getting at, because of the XBOX ONE comment, my current PC (desktop) was top of the line in 2007, but my parents need a computer bad, we're a poor family, and my current desktop ("core-2-quad", 4 gigs, GeForce GTX 275) is still a great computer (im a tech btw, I used to do networking, and build/fix computer before my family, but im way behind on hardware these days, and im trying to catch up asap, I need to give my current computer to my parents, it'll be perfect for them, and hes going to put 200 bucks towards mine, helping each other,
#6robb226(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 8:44:17 PM
if your saying my job at Comcast isn't hard?!, clearly you know nothing about the service provider, customer service, call center atmosphere. And the pressure, minute-2-minute (no exaggeration) micromanagement, along with meeting metrics, is very difficult, NOW! if you dislike our company, and that's why your saying that, it just so happens that my specific job, is to handle "highly frustrated" customers, and I would be happy to do that for you if that were ever the case, and you may grateful benefit from it financially, if you pay for cable/his/phone
#7ClouddxPosted 7/27/2014 8:45:54 PM
robb226 posted...
if your saying my job at Comcast isn't hard?!, clearly you know nothing about the service provider, customer service, call center atmosphere. And the pressure, minute-2-minute (no exaggeration) micromanagement, along with meeting metrics, is very difficult, NOW! if you dislike our company, and that's why your saying that, it just so happens that my specific job, is to handle "highly frustrated" customers, and I would be happy to do that for you if that were ever the case, and you may grateful benefit from it financially, if you pay for cable/his/phone

Can you fix them taking 5 days to fix the internet that was down for my whole block... I kept calling and they insisted it was only me having the problem despite me being in contact with 5+ people in my neighborhood that were having internet issues at the same time?
---
#8robb226(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 8:48:36 PM
Why do you say, if I absolutely need one?, yes I do, however its my choice, I want close to top-of the line gameing quality, at the best value, period. And all im looking for is a critique on the link, or a suggestion, link I should consider and why, that's what these boards used to be for, ill never forget the help I got in 2007 when I bought my first gameing laptop - a dell inspirion, with a core 2 duo at 2.3, and a GeForce 7800gtxm, lol it performed, but that thing was huge, and ugly - however I did scam dell and got 3 for them for the price of one, but that's neither here nor there lol
#9robb226(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 9:41:23 PM
bump - please!? ill try to compensate to any1 who gives me some real good info, or suggestions on other models that are = or greater value - and by value I mean, for the money value, for instance, the model im looking at hasover 300 of sticker, and I can get an extra 10% off if I use newstock.com for the first time
#10ClouddxPosted 7/27/2014 9:46:38 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA57X1MX6704&cm_re=870m-_-34-152-554-_-Product

Try for an MSI/ASUS/Lenovo laptop. They're all of much better build quality than Cyberpower even if you have to sacrifice a little ram/hdd space you'll be way better off.
---