This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EXPERIENCED GAMEING LAPTOP GURUS!, I need some advice....

#11PsythikPosted 7/27/2014 9:47:35 PM
robb226 posted...
if you dislike our company, and that's why your saying that, it just so happens that my specific job, is to handle "highly frustrated" customers, and I would be happy to do that for you if that were ever the case, and you may grateful benefit from it financially, if you pay for cable/his/phone
You could start by not f***ing people in the ass.

You even admitted it yourself: we'll help you save money if you buy our overpriced bundle.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#12tripledoublehelixPosted 7/27/2014 9:56:09 PM
robb226 posted...
how am I trolling in any shape way or form, I genuinely need help, ive been looking for a lot of it lately lol, check my history, im an "Idol" on this board, I love PC gameing if that's what your getting at, because of the XBOX ONE comment, my current PC (desktop) was top of the line in 2007, but my parents need a computer bad, we're a poor family, and my current desktop ("core-2-quad", 4 gigs, GeForce GTX 275) is still a great computer (im a tech btw, I used to do networking, and build/fix computer before my family, but im way behind on hardware these days, and im trying to catch up asap, I need to give my current computer to my parents, it'll be perfect for them, and hes going to put 200 bucks towards mine, helping each other,

your family is poor so you are buying a gaming laptop? sounds legit.
---
The perfect job for your skill set is King of Spain.
#13robb226(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 9:57:52 PM
seems like a pretty big sacfirice man, but I did have an MSI I liked to, their a great value, but the cyberfang has 6gig ddr5 in the card, that's BIG, and the processor is a while generation new, faster, plus same price, I thought MSI owned Cyberfang, no?..or is it IBUYPOWER they own
#14Sora_AnbuPosted 7/27/2014 10:06:22 PM
Why not a desktop. That'll give you similar performance for... What, half? 2/3 the price. With the ability to upgrade rather than replace.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#15robb226(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 10:11:07 PM
I was originally going desktop, but I decided ill buy a high end laptop now, and that way I can start doing side work as a computer tech again - and fill my desire to have a nice new computer, I used to big a huge PC guy before the family, last one I did was 2007, so ill start with the laptop, be able to do the jobs I want to take, and slowly build my own desktop
from scratch over the next year or so
#16Sora_AnbuPosted 7/27/2014 10:31:36 PM
robb226 posted...
I was originally going desktop, but I decided ill buy a high end laptop now, and that way I can start doing side work as a computer tech again - and fill my desire to have a nice new computer, I used to big a huge PC guy before the family, last one I did was 2007, so ill start with the laptop, be able to do the jobs I want to take, and slowly build my own desktop
from scratch over the next year or so

What you could do, is set up a nice desktop for about 900, then get a decent laptop and just steam to the laptop.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#17ClouddxPosted 7/28/2014 10:40:35 AM(edited)
robb226 posted...
seems like a pretty big sacfirice man, but I did have an MSI I liked to, their a great value, but the cyberfang has 6gig ddr5 in the card, that's BIG, and the processor is a while generation new, faster, plus same price, I thought MSI owned Cyberfang, no?..or is it IBUYPOWER they own

3gb vs 6gb isn't going to matter for a gaming laptop. It doesn't even matter for desktop cards atm, as it makes no difference in performance.

The processors are the same the 4810 and 4800 only have a little difference in speed, about .2 to be exactly which won't impact performance that much.

As someone else said a $900 desktop would outperform a $1500 laptop. At that point you could get the $900 desktop and put the rest towards a decent laptop that you can use for work.

If you think this gaming laptop is going to be portable you're going to be disappointed. You're going to get 2h max battery life and the thing is constantly going to need to be recharged.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S