This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No audio playing when PC is hooked up to my TV!

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 7/27/2014 11:46:42 PM
It worked every other time I hooked up my PC to my TV via HDMI..... But now there is no sound at all. I've been trying to find the solution forever man...

When I go to my audio devices, it says

Digital Audio (HDMI)

High Definition Audio Device
not plugged in
---
I just don't understand their prollem
#2Sora_AnbuPosted 7/27/2014 11:50:14 PM
Might need to go through another 'device' in the sound panel. It happens when I don't use my receiver and Jay go strait to the TV.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#3IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2014 11:53:37 PM
Been all through that an nothing seems to be working...

My Realtek Audio is working... But that doesn't seam to work through HDMI
---
#4IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 9:03:31 PM
bump
---
#5FrozenwingsPosted 7/28/2014 10:52:33 PM
Do you use an AMD graphics card for your HDMI output?
---
i5-3570k 4.5ghz | Nvidia GTX 780 (1189mhz/6400mhz) | 8gb Samsung RAM1600mhz | 2x128GB Samsung 840 PRO | Gigabyte Z77 UP4
#6rainedownPosted 7/28/2014 10:56:05 PM
Try turning it off and on again while connected to the TV. Sometimes a program will be using the sound through your PC speakers and cause it to not switch properly.
#7IcyFlamez96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 11:25:00 PM
Frozenwings posted...
Do you use an AMD graphics card for your HDMI output?

Yes

rainedown posted...
Try turning it off and on again while connected to the TV. Sometimes a program will be using the sound through your PC speakers and cause it to not switch properly.

Tried all that. It's been like this for 2 days.
---
#8rainedownPosted 7/29/2014 12:10:02 AM
Reinstall the AMD drivers, that should do it then, hopefully.
#9MarikhenPosted 7/29/2014 12:38:07 AM
Try rebooting your PC with your TV set to the proper HDMI channel and turned on. I've got a PC plugged into the living room TV, and whenever the TV isn't turned on and set to the HDMI channel Windows doesn't properly handle the audio drivers for the HDMI output.

Reinstalling the drivers might fix such an issue, but given that this was on a clean Windows install and that I'd used the latest (not to mention legacy since the card's an HD4830) drivers I somewhat doubt that reinstalling the drivers would have been much help for me.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#10FrozenwingsPosted 8/3/2014 8:59:19 PM(edited)
I kind of forgot about this post and just remembered it now.

If you're using an AMD graphics card, they can have issues with onboard Realtek HD audio because they use similar drivers. What you can do is just uninstall the HDMI audio driver that comes with your video card drivers through control panel, or just uninstall all of your AMD drivers and reinstall them choosing to leave out the HDMI audio drivers. Basically, get rid of any AMD HDMI audio drivers that comes built in with your video card drivers.

Then you go and google "realtek ATI hdmi audio driver" and the first hit should take you to a page on realtek's website with a check box. Check that box and proceed to the download section and look for the "ATI HDMI Audio Device" download, near the bottom of the Windows section. Install THAT driver (assuming you already removed the HDMI audio drivers that comes with your video card drivers) and see if that works.

It worked for me and my 7970 last year.

The most important thing is to make sure you uninstall the "default" HDMI audio driver while still leaving your other video card drivers installed.
---
i5-3570k 4.5ghz | Nvidia GTX 780 (1189mhz/6400mhz) | 8gb Samsung RAM1600mhz | 2x128GB Samsung 840 PRO | Gigabyte Z77 UP4