This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dvorak?

#1Sora_AnbuPosted 7/28/2014 8:34:59 AM
Do you use it? - Results (169 votes)
Yes
2.96% (5 votes)
No
68.64% (116 votes)
What is it?
28.4% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've been tempted to try it out, but everything I have is in qwerty. Has anyone here made the jump? And what can you do to make it easier? Or even is it worth it?
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#2SinisterSlayPosted 7/28/2014 8:40:03 AM
I've been considering it just to annoy people at work that try to use my computer.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3aak57Posted 7/28/2014 8:40:07 AM
Nah, every once in a while I think about trying it out but then realize I really don't care enough to relearn typing.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#4KillerTrufflePosted 7/28/2014 8:43:05 AM
I'm working on learning it, but I'm nowhere near proficient enough to be able to claim I "use" it yet. I still have to refer to a keymap for nearly every keystroke. :P

The advantage is that it is supposed to substantially improve your typing speed. Since I already hit around 110 or so with QWERTY, I'm curious to see how much improvement I'd see with DVORAK once I actually know it.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5Mudkip57Posted 7/28/2014 8:43:24 AM
aak57 posted...
Nah, every once in a while I think about trying it out but then realize I really don't care enough to relearn typing.
#6LvthnPosted 7/28/2014 8:44:27 AM
No. I actually tend to like unpopular but practical things, but this comes with too many drawbacks (just think of time wasted redoing hotkeys in everything, nevermind programs that don't let you rebind), plus it's probably only going to be usable at your own computers, QWERTY will still be necessary for shared terminals so I might as well just be really good at QWERTY.
#7MarceloSampaioPosted 7/28/2014 8:51:41 AM(edited)
Nah.

I'm too old to learn a totally different way to type. Hell, I've been using QUERTY since I was 5 years old (I'm 32 now), so I think my head will explode if I try to learn a different layout.

And to make matters worse. no Dvorak keyboard was made yet for Portuguese and Spanish, so I'll miss important characters, like , , , etc.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#8El_KazPosted 7/28/2014 8:50:23 AM
Nah, life's too short to re-learn typing all over again.
---
Wait... what?
#9Death_BornPosted 7/28/2014 8:53:50 AM
No, because any other computer besides my home one would be using qwerty anyway.
#10chandl34Posted 7/28/2014 9:04:44 AM
Nah, I already type fast enough.
---
... even on Earth Mode.