This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dvorak?

User Info: Dawnshadow

2 years ago#11
I experimented with it when I was in college.
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.

User Info: Marikhen

2 years ago#12
Lvthn posted...
(just think of time wasted redoing hotkeys in everything, nevermind programs that don't let you rebind),

I already face that myself despite using a QWERTY keyboard. I just can't stand using the whole "industry standard WASD" setup because of how scrunched up it makes my hand feel and how inefficient it is.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

2 years ago#13
I have never attempted to learn. There is simply no reason for me.

Also, there are many times when I am forced to use qwerty anyway, so it makes sense to stick to that instead.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Matias Mini Quiet Pro | Zowie EC1 Evo White

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
2 years ago#14
Dawnshadow posted...
I experimented with it when I was in college.

Ain't the first time I've heard that.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: DiviDude

2 years ago#15
Nope. The evidence behind the claim that Dvorak is faster is hardly convincing if one looks at the big picture.

User Info: DaedalusEx

2 years ago#16
I tried it once for a few days. Learning a new layout is a lot harder than it sounds. Got frustrated and never tried it again.

User Info: Anthem2112

2 years ago#17
One of my favorite composers.

Love that 7th symphony.
"Live for yourself, there's no one more worth living for. Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more."

User Info: BIast

2 years ago#18
I used it for a week but I got really annoyed how it messed with all of the keyboard shortcuts I usually do. I want to close a browser tab with alt+ w with the keyboard position w, not the letter w.

I got pretty fast with typing with it.
3DS FC: 4038-7408-0876

User Info: Saga3

2 years ago#19
While the slight benefits are there it doesn't warrant completely rewiring my muscle memory. Besides, 95 WPM is more than enough.

User Info: Pepys Monster

Pepys Monster
2 years ago#20
I did in 2007. I liked it better than qwerty. But eventually, I switched back so that I could use computers elsewhere besides home.
i7-4790K | EVGA GTX 780 3GB | 16GB G.Skill DDR3-1866 | 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 4TB WD Black HDD | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Antec EA-650 Platinum
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dvorak?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived