This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there no Madden on PC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is there no Madden on PC
10 months ago#1
Is it because modders would create beautiful graphics mods that would put EA to shame and prove to the world that EA is lazy?

Why is this game never on PC?
10 months ago#2
You answered your own question.
10 months ago#3
I would assume because PC gamers likely don't care for Madden? It hasn't been on PC in many years and I don't think it sold well back when it was on PC.
10 months ago#4
As for the competition statement, they did challenge 2K to buy the rights into making a NFL game to compete against them, but then again, it's likely that they're cocky about the negative fan response of their recent years of sports games.
10 months ago#5
Cause we're not jocks that care about putting dumb footballs through hoops and stuff!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
10 months ago#6
I don't know why no one just makes a PC only NFL or NHL game, puts in generic people and teams so it's not actually NFL/NHL, then sell it with mod support so that other people mod in NFL/NHL teams and players and locations.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
10 months ago#7
SinisterSlay posted...
I don't know why no one just makes a PC only NFL or NHL game, puts in generic people and teams so it's not actually NFL/NHL, then sell it with mod support so that other people mod in NFL/NHL teams and players and locations.

This would be a great idea.
10 months ago#8
Their official explanation (circa 2008) was basically that the PC was becoming an unprofitable platform to develop sports games for.

Take that for what you will. (i'd assume pirating concerns)
(message deleted)
10 months ago#10
bigbadharry posted...
Most black ppl prefer to game on consoles.

Girls prefer to game on PC.

I dunno about you but I go where the women are.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
(edited 0 seconds ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is there no Madden on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived