This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there no Madden on PC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is there no Madden on PC
10 months ago#21
Clouddx posted...
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...
Their official explanation (circa 2008) was basically that the PC was becoming an unprofitable platform to develop sports games for.

Take that for what you will. (i'd assume pirating concerns)

Yeh this is BS as Football Manager 2014 is selling phenomenally. I think it's more due to the fact that if they put out one game people would just mod it and no one would buy their yearly installments.

You do know Football Manager is a simulation game, right? And is a soccer simulation game, not an American football game? EA still puts out FIFA games on PC.
10 months ago#22
Worknofun370 posted...
Goldninja posted...
So, why do people even buy them yearly?

Various updates they make to the game (Majority of them just visual stuff like new animations). The most common one I hear though is "Well, my friends bought it and I want to play with my friends."

Ah, yeah. Multiplayer. Forgot about that.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
10 months ago#23
Clouddx posted...
Their official explanation (circa 2008) was basically that the PC was becoming an unprofitable platform to develop sports games for.

Yeh this is BS as Football Manager 2014 is selling phenomenally. I think it's more due to the fact that if they put out one game people would just mod it and no one would buy their yearly installments.

Well, Football Manager probably has more in common with a typical management sim than your average sports game.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
10 months ago#24
Waytoodeep03 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
I don't know why no one just makes a PC only NFL or NHL game, puts in generic people and teams so it's not actually NFL/NHL, then sell it with mod support so that other people mod in NFL/NHL teams and players and locations.

This would be a great idea.

Because no one wants to face EA's legal team
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
10 months ago#25
majinbuu58 posted...
Because no one wants to face EA's legal team

You'd be dealing with the NFL's legal team there.
---
hasa diga eebowai
10 months ago#26
SinisterSlay posted...
I don't know why no one just makes a PC only NFL or NHL game, puts in generic people and teams so it's not actually NFL/NHL, then sell it with mod support so that other people mod in NFL/NHL teams and players and locations.

You kinda had that with All-Pro football 2K8
---
hasa diga eebowai
(edited 0 seconds ago)
10 months ago#27
unclee posted...
Clouddx posted...

You do know Football Manager is a simulation game, right? And is a soccer simulation game, not an American football game? EA still puts out FIFA games on PC.

Yes I know, I'm a fan of Football(not the American kind). =D
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
10 months ago#28
I'd imagine that controls might be weird for a game like this if you're just using KB+M, but controller support would be easy to develop.

I blame lazy developers, the same way that I blame lazy developers for not making some PC games run at the best quality they could (FIFA, Watch_Dogs, Dark Souls)
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
10 months ago#29
As someone who own consoles just for the yearly sports titles like Madden and MLB, it's pretty clear to me that those companies just don't see releasing PC versions as profitable. Aside from FIFA and NBA 2K(which is missing SEVERAL features from its console counterpart) PC sports titles are hard to come by.
10 months ago#30
All the PC versions just end up getting pirated to hell because the devs are too lazy to give us proper ports.

FIFA being one generation behind. MLB 2K not releasing anymore. NBA 2K missing tons of features and broken online. PC gamers keep getting screwed with sports titles, with the only exception being MAYBE we'll get a proper version of FIFA next year with the IGNITE engine.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is there no Madden on PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived