This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there no Madden on PC

#31ricosan1988Posted 7/28/2014 1:38:48 PM
Lol at the uncoordinated kids thinking they are cool for hating on sports or athletics
#32qeoijlijwPosted 7/28/2014 1:41:59 PM
nobody modded the madden games when they came out on pc
same thing would happen today if a madden game did come out
nobody bought madden on pc
hence why ea stopped making it on pc
pc gamers are too busy stroking their neckbeards in the basement
#33Rolen47Posted 7/28/2014 2:36:07 PM
People like to sit on their couch to watch/play football. Most people do not have their PC hooked up to their TV.
#34YoungAdultLinkPosted 7/28/2014 2:50:37 PM
EA said at E3 2013 that only the next gen consoles can handle their current sports game engine. Not the PC. Duh.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#35ClouddxPosted 7/28/2014 2:52:27 PM
Rolen47 posted...
People like to sit on their couch to watch/play football. Most people do not have their PC hooked up to their TV.

LOL, what a joke
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#36uncleePosted 7/28/2014 3:22:02 PM
Clutch_Theory posted...
All the PC versions just end up getting pirated to hell because the devs are too lazy to give us proper ports.

FIFA being one generation behind. MLB 2K not releasing anymore. NBA 2K missing tons of features and broken online. PC gamers keep getting screwed with sports titles, with the only exception being MAYBE we'll get a proper version of FIFA next year with the IGNITE engine.

They've said that FIFA 15 on PC will be running on the Ignite engine.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/06/fifa-15-pc-engine-features-on-par-with-consoles/

In regards to 2K baseball, I'm not going to miss it. The Show has been a significantly better game for many years now, so I'm not all that upset about losing 2K. Had they made some attempts to improve the game I might have been upset, but they never did make any effort.
#37JKatarnPosted 7/28/2014 9:13:50 PM
Clutch_Theory posted...
All the PC versions just end up getting pirated to hell because the devs are too lazy to give us proper ports.

FIFA being one generation behind. MLB 2K not releasing anymore. NBA 2K missing tons of features and broken online. PC gamers keep getting screwed with sports titles, with the only exception being MAYBE we'll get a proper version of FIFA next year with the IGNITE engine.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain any AAA game without "always online" DRM on the PC platform is going to have its fair share of pirating, regardless of the quality of the port. The devs could have released a great port with tons of detail sliders, control customization and modding options optimized out the wazoo and it STILL would be pirated just as much. I love the flimsy justifications for piracy.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#38Clutch_TheoryPosted 7/28/2014 9:33:05 PM
JKatarn posted...
Clutch_Theory posted...

Yeah, I'm fairly certain any AAA game without "always online" DRM on the PC platform is going to have its fair share of pirating, regardless of the quality of the port. The devs could have released a great port with tons of detail sliders, control customization and modding options optimized out the wazoo and it STILL would be pirated just as much. I love the flimsy justifications for piracy.

I'm not justifying piracy in any way. I was going off the other points that cited piracy is the only reason we don't get sports games.

The fact is, that if we get proper ports then more people are likely to actually BUY the game. Some of the most popular PC games are the most pirated, and that's just the state of things. However giving us a half-assed product and just using a weak excuse like "piracy" is just ridiculous given that you're trying to sell us an inferior product
#39JKatarnPosted 7/29/2014 3:10:47 PM
Clutch_Theory posted...
m not justifying piracy in any way. I was going off the other points that cited piracy is the only reason we don't get sports games.

The fact is, that if we get proper ports then more people are likely to actually BUY the game. Some of the most popular PC games are the most pirated, and that's just the state of things. However giving us a half-assed product and just using a weak excuse like "piracy" is just ridiculous given that you're trying to sell us an inferior product

I'm certainly not a proponent of blaming piracy for poor sales/reviews etc., more people that try to justify piracy with the "lousy port" excuse. I simply don't buy poor games/ports rather than pirating them.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#40GoIrish80Posted 7/29/2014 3:26:48 PM
FIFA 15 is going to be the first EA Sports game in a looooooooooong time that will have the equivalent features on PC as it has on the most advanced console, which is encouraging.

I can understand why they stopped Madden years ago, 1) PC was in a bit of a down period and 2) They were making the PS2 version for PC when the PS3/360 versions were the primary focus, so why bother continuing on with it.

But with PC Gaming being on a bit of a high right now and EA having its own distribution service, I've got to think at some point in this generation we're going to see Madden/NHL again for PC.

Who knows, maybe porting both of those games to PC can at least somewhat make up for the revenue lost by not making NCAA Football anymore. I'm not saying it would match it, but it could help fill the void.

Or as someone else already kind of mentioned, EA Sports could REALLY make a splash by making a solid College Football game for PC that does not use the real team names, players, stadiums, etc, but make it completely moddable. I can assure you, that game would sell.