This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is there no Madden on PC

#41_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 7/29/2014 3:47:59 PM
I think the short answer is that it is a bro-game and most of their audience is on console.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Matias Mini Quiet Pro | Zowie EC1 Evo White
#42hastergPosted 7/29/2014 3:51:26 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
Or as someone else already kind of mentioned, EA Sports could REALLY make a splash by making a solid College Football game for PC that does not use the real team names, players, stadiums, etc, but make it completely moddable. I can assure you, that game would sell.

That'd hardly be a COLLEGE football game without all of the stadiums, teams, players, coaches.

Everyone knows EA is too greedy and most of the sales of their sports titles come from having the exclusive rights to player likeness and coaches. If it was something like "GENERIC FOOTBALL 2016" hardly anyone would buy it especially on PC where the fanbase for sports titles(especially something like American Football) is much smaller than on consoles.
#43Psykic PetrolPosted 7/29/2014 5:05:21 PM(edited)
I've not seen someone say it's because outside of North America, USA in particular, the demand for Madden & NFL games is minuscule (very much a niche in the UK, even less so on the continent; not even going to consider SA/Africa/ME/Asia tbh), and the PC market generally been healthier in Europe than NA.

There's also the fact that the FIFA games actually has competition in the form of PES, which is ironically thanks to the licensees not wanting to share the rights money around, so there are essentially 3 tiers of 'official rights' to be bid on.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0
#44acangialPosted 7/29/2014 5:10:37 PM
Because what thick-framed spec wearing linux wielding hipster watches or has played football? Aren't they too busy playing CRPGs (only with mods of course) and watching re-runs of Big Bang Theory?
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Logitech G13 & G700
#45cancerstormPosted 7/29/2014 5:23:01 PM
acangial posted...
Because what thick-framed spec wearing linux wielding hipster watches or has played football? Aren't they too busy playing CRPGs (only with mods of course) and watching re-runs of Big Bang Theory?

doctor who*

only casuals watch that pile of garbage known as big bang theory
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#46acangialPosted 7/29/2014 5:44:45 PM
cancerstorm posted...
acangial posted...

doctor who*

only casuals watch that pile of garbage known as big bang theory

touche, true enough.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Logitech G13 & G700