This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wildstar - NCsoft is giving out trials

#1Bossdog421Posted 7/28/2014 4:02:01 PM
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/free-trial-giveaway/

For those who have been wanting to try it and couldnt get a friend pass.

Got mine from curse instantly.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#2machetemanPosted 7/28/2014 4:07:44 PM
Ive been looking for a new MMO...really enjoyed the beta and I've heard the endgame is difficult and very vanilla WoWish.

I can't stand the combat in FFXIV (preferred class has a set, sequential 3 button rotation), so Wildstar has looked pretty good. But this free trial makes me anxious about the state of the game. Is it really in such a bad shape that they need to give out trials within two or so months of release???
#3g7g7g7g7Posted 7/28/2014 4:38:10 PM
Wildstar is horrible, but thats just my personal opinion.

None of the new sub based MMO's are going to last on that model and that's more than my personal opinion its a fact.
If you want proof, lern 2 histree.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#4Bane766Posted 7/28/2014 4:42:59 PM
Wildstar is ok. I liked the combat, but some of it is maybe too hard-I'm too old to deal with wiping over and over in a regular dungeon, but that's just me.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#5NGd72Posted 7/28/2014 5:06:57 PM
macheteman posted...
Ive been looking for a new MMO...really enjoyed the beta and I've heard the endgame is difficult and very vanilla WoWish.

I can't stand the combat in FFXIV (preferred class has a set, sequential 3 button rotation), so Wildstar has looked pretty good. But this free trial makes me anxious about the state of the game. Is it really in such a bad shape that they need to give out trials within two or so months of release???

Um what?

Wildstar you are locked to what....8 abilities?
#6machetemanPosted 7/28/2014 5:19:44 PM
NGd72 posted...
macheteman posted...

Um what?

Wildstar you are locked to what....8 abilities?

and?

i used more abilities as a level 5 stalker than I did as a lvl 30 gladiator/paladin in FFXIV. its literally 1->2->3 over and over. To make matters worse....you literally cannot deviate from this combo. You cant hit 3 unless you it 1 and 2.
#7kickthegnomePosted 7/28/2014 8:30:59 PM
macheteman posted...

the state of the game is fine. servers are large and the community is helpful. The trial is probably for those on the fence. Personally i'm always hesitant going into an mmo without trying it cause if i'm not gonna continue and see the whole game it's a waste of money.
#8majinbuu58Posted 7/28/2014 8:33:03 PM
macheteman posted...

Trials will probably get them more money than not... It literally can't hurt them.
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#9KittyReadPosted 7/28/2014 8:39:28 PM
I can't make an account. >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/1Pt6Irl.gif
#10halomonkey1_3_5Posted 7/28/2014 8:46:14 PM
macheteman posted...
Is it really in such a bad shape that they need to give out trials within two or so months of release???

its not remotely a bad thing to give away trials for a sub-based MMO

I'd be more worried if they didnt, because that would mean (to me) that they dont think a trial would help the game sell more copies
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest