This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

overclock not showing

#11godplaysSNESPosted 7/29/2014 1:59:26 PM
Darkblade9116 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Have you tried running a CPU test then looking at the frequency in CPU-Z. If a certain option is enabled the CPU automatically downclocks itself till it's in use.

Ah ok, i'll check it out. Also, my friend works at a pc store (the fact he can't solve it is driving him crazy haha) his boss says it's a matter of waiting for a bios update..

For proper support for the Devils Canyon CPUs, one needs to use the applied BIOS updater tool. Those CPUs apparently require the Intel IME to be updated, and the usual BIOS update procedures apparently don't allow that.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#12Darkblade9116(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 2:56:10 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
Darkblade9116 posted...
Clouddx posted...
Have you tried running a CPU test then looking at the frequency in CPU-Z. If a certain option is enabled the CPU automatically downclocks itself till it's in use.

Ah ok, i'll check it out. Also, my friend works at a pc store (the fact he can't solve it is driving him crazy haha) his boss says it's a matter of waiting for a bios update..

For proper support for the Devils Canyon CPUs, one needs to use the applied BIOS updater tool. Those CPUs apparently require the Intel IME to be updated, and the usual BIOS update procedures apparently don't allow that.

Ok, and how do i update it like that?
---
Born to bleed, fighting to succeed
#13rareware101Posted 7/30/2014 3:44:31 AM
Darkblade9116 posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Darkblade9116 posted...
Clouddx posted...

Ok, and how do i update it like that?

ASUS should have some form of scan/auto-update software on their site.
---
The Jeff Minter Llama360 Hardware Achievement - Unlocked after completing the Visualiser
#14PhilOnDezPosted 7/30/2014 4:58:59 AM
I might be way off base but I've always assumed that whatever shows up in the control panel and CPUZ (I forget what it says exactly but it's something like Intel Core i5 3570k 3.4GHz) is just how the CPU is named and not an actual measure of the speed since that's what it says whether I'm idle (1.6GHz), boosted (3.8GHz) or overclocked and at load (4.4GHz). OCCT reports the speeds I'd expect in real time and I'm definitely getting the performance boost I'd expect (close to a 30% boost from stock, modded minecraft was running at 45-ish FPS. After the OC I was sitting at 60 95% of the time)
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15ShubPosted 7/30/2014 5:07:37 AM
Control Panel doesn't show anything useful, but CPU-Z shows and updates the clock speed constantly.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#16SnadadosPosted 7/30/2014 9:30:14 AM
Run some CPU bench marks a few times with no overclock and then again with the overclock.

Difference? Then the CPU monitoring software is likely bugged out.
No difference? Overclock likely isn't sticking.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#17LvthnPosted 7/30/2014 10:06:00 AM
Freedan12 posted...
PC store clerks knows as much about PCs as gun store clerks knows about guns.

Uh, what? Every gun store I've been in, the "clerk" was a dealer who knew what he was doing. Besides the obvious, guns tend to be a major purchase that a salesman wants to get involved in.

Where the hell are you shopping that some kid is just hired to ring up guns?
#18PhilOnDezPosted 7/30/2014 10:22:01 AM
Yeah, you have to have a license to sell guns at retail, you have to be trained to identify illegally modified weapons brought in for trade, and the two guys I know who are licensed to sell weapons (father and son gunshop) are also both qualified gunsmiths. They definitely know a lot more about guns than a part timer at Best Buy or Wal Mart is likely to know about computers.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#19Rud3BwoyPosted 7/30/2014 12:00:23 PM
to show it on windows control panel you need to disable some non sense in your bios for it to show every mobo is different so might want to google that
#20Rud3BwoyPosted 7/30/2014 12:13:09 PM
i think the setting for my mobo was intel speedstep