This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need recommendations for a new Mobo/Processor

#11KillerzOverHerePosted 7/28/2014 6:07:32 PM
MindwalkerX posted...
KillerzOverHere posted...
MindwalkerX posted...
MindwalkerX posted...
I see, is this the best option or are there some other ones? This seem a little pricy for me must confess, the idea would be to change the CPU again in the future(where this CPU you recomended will most likely be cheaper).

This whole issue with my PCi-E was really unexpected, i'm trying to make the best of a bad situation, my budget is kinda limited, but i will consider any suggestions and see what is the best move for me.

I wouldn't suggest doing a small CPU upgrade then a major one. I don't think that's smart, but hey, you're choice.

If you are set on this idea, get a budget CPU like a fx 6xxxx series, which should hold you over until your bigger upgrade.

I understand, But, this processor(4670k), will it keep up for a good amount of time?

Oh absolutely. You won't need to upgrade that CPU for a long time. I'm talking at least 6 years. That's good for 2-3 gps upgrades.

That's nice then, i think i will do an extra effort to get it, so in the future i will just upgrade other parts.
Any mobo 1150 will do right?

indeed.
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#12KURRUPTORPosted 7/28/2014 6:43:11 PM
If you want to save money an fx 6300 is probably the best budget CPU out there and runs most games without issue. They overclock pretty well too if you are into that kinda thing. If you want to spend a bit more the 8320 OC'd performs just as well as the i5's out there in pretty much everything. You will need a decent mobo/heat sync though (they heat up a lot more than the 6300's do).

Also it's really wasteful to buy a new unlocked i5 (the K version that was suggested to you) if you aren't going to be getting a good mobo/cooler to actually use it's ability to overclock. I don't know why everyone always suggests unlocked i5's to people without mentioning that part. It's just a waste of money otherwise.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#13darkdragon_9600Posted 7/28/2014 7:00:30 PM
If you want something pretty cheap, the G3258 is amazing for it's price and allows you to upgrade to the 4670k later.
---
Only by cooking with tin foil can one get something so half-baked.
3DS FC: 0576 4794 4713
#14MindwalkerX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 7:38:50 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
If you want to save money an fx 6300 is probably the best budget CPU out there and runs most games without issue. They overclock pretty well too if you are into that kinda thing. If you want to spend a bit more the 8320 OC'd performs just as well as the i5's out there in pretty much everything. You will need a decent mobo/heat sync though (they heat up a lot more than the 6300's do).

Also it's really wasteful to buy a new unlocked i5 (the K version that was suggested to you) if you aren't going to be getting a good mobo/cooler to actually use it's ability to overclock. I don't know why everyone always suggests unlocked i5's to people without mentioning that part. It's just a waste of money otherwise.

Thx a lot for the insight, i do not wish to do any OC in my parts, i just don't feel confortable, and try to keep it safe to avoid any potential problem by doing so. Usually to do that stuff as you said, you need better cooling and mobo, and i have yet to learn more about this.

So for a person like me who do not wish to do OC, what would you recommend? the 8320 or the 4670(locked)?
---
There is much to be done.
3DS FC: 3024 5230 7246/NNID: GravenX
#15KillerzOverHerePosted 7/28/2014 7:43:26 PM
MindwalkerX posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...

Thx a lot for the insight, i do not wish to do any OC in my parts, i just don't feel confortable, and try to keep it safe to avoid any potential problem by doing so. Usually to do that stuff as you said, you need better cooling and mobo, and i have yet to learn more about this.

So for a person like me who do not wish to do OC, what would you recommend? the 8320 or the 4670(locked)?

4670 locked. Still a better CPU then 8320 OC'd to insane levels.
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#16MindwalkerX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 7:53:42 PM
MindwalkerX posted...
KURRUPTOR posted...

4670 locked. Still a better CPU then 8320 OC'd to insane levels.

Nice then. It's a bit cheaper than the K version, so that will help.

Thx for all the help guys, i'm still open to suggestions and overall information, given that i will be buying the parts in the upcoming weeks, this has been of great help so far.
---
There is much to be done.
3DS FC: 3024 5230 7246/NNID: GravenX
#17cuteboi100Posted 7/28/2014 8:11:00 PM(edited)
Since you want a jump from your current CPU, you'd be looking at an i5, which could run you 200+ and another 100 for a mobo. The only other option is the AMD FX-8320 or FX-8350 which provides similar performance, less in single-threaded applications, for a bit cheaper.

The performance CPU market is stagnating as Intel becomes a monopoly. I wouldn't expect too big of an upgrade in performance in the coming years, there's certainly nothing in the middle price-range that is exciting coming within the next year. So might as well get an i5 but buying any performance CPU purchase at a time like this will invariably leave a bad taste in your mouth.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#18Vindication123Posted 7/28/2014 8:25:54 PM
The thing about PC parts is that you decide on a budget, first. The rest is easy. For example, a $180-$250 cpu budget can get a great 4-core no matter what you pick.

I never found overclocking worth it unless I had money to throw away, so i go for non-K versions.
---
A turtle crossed the road and got mugged by two snails. As police arrive, they ask it what happened. The turtle replies, I dont know. It all happened so fast.
#19KURRUPTORPosted 7/28/2014 8:33:53 PM(edited)
Yeah if you aren't going to OC then probably just get an i5. For the mobo you can honestly skimp as much as possible and just get whatever is on the cheap. If you aren't OCing or doing SLI there is no reason to spend any more than the bare minimum for your mobo. I'm sure you can find a locked i5 and a cheap mobo for well under 300 if you look around a bit.
---
#20KURRUPTORPosted 7/28/2014 8:42:15 PM
Also you might want to look at some benchmarks. A lot of people here are "enthusiasts" that want the absolute best performance they can get. Really if you are just a casual PC gamer and don't mind really high end games slowing down a bit fx-6300 or the G3258 are really some superb options to consider. Their price to performance ratios are just nuts. Look into it a bit, for many people those cheaper CPU's are quite acceptable considering their price tags. They also both allow you upgrade to an "enthusiast" CPU (without having to change mobo or anything) if you ever have extra money burning a hole in your pocket.
---