This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dungeon Defenders Eternity

#1rainedownPosted 7/29/2014 12:41:51 AM
When I saw this pop up on steam I almost instantly bought it, I had a lot of fun on the 360 with the base game and this release sounded like it fixed almost every issue I had with it. ...then I looked it up online.

Is the hate deserved for it? Has the server system gotten better since launch day? I'm dying for a simple game to fire up randomly that doesn't require my full attention so what I've read is understandably disappointing.
#2Davel23Posted 7/29/2014 4:51:33 AM
From what I've read it certainly seems like DD Eternity is just a cash-grab on Trendy's part. I loved the original but I have no plans to get Eternity.
---
Your mom's box.
#3Bossdog421Posted 7/29/2014 6:44:40 AM
It plays exactly like DD, just online only. If you didnt have all of the DLC it's a good deal. If you had a ton of DLC it is a slap in the face to repay for everything.

Anytime something is online only there is a ton of QQ. There is valid complaints from old players not wanting to rebuy though.

As far as connectivity. I have had zero issues getting to in games quickly, and I have no lag. The worst part is how slow the download is. You don't download it from steam... its only like 1.6g and it took me well over 3 hours to get it completely downloaded. 1.6 gigs is nothing to download from any other service.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#4Sexy_L4DYPosted 7/29/2014 7:01:25 AM
Yeah I've been thinking about getting to too but not sure. Me and my friend played it loads on PS3 but we were disappointed none of the DLC characters came.
But yeah the main complaints seem to be about microtransactions and online only. However I don't have the PC version so I'm wondering if I should get it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yKUD2k6.gif
Leader and member of the Eva Marines fan club! Current members: 14
#5chronotrig100Posted 7/29/2014 8:34:51 AM(edited)
I also heard it lacks local coop and forces you to always have 4 players. So instead of playing with just 2 friends, they'll force some random person in there too (I could be wrong on this part though.)
---
The fastest pinball in space.
#6SmoboHashPosted 7/29/2014 8:43:23 AM
chronotrig100 posted...
I also heard it lacks local coop and forces you to always have 4 players. So instead of playing with just 2 friends, they'll force some random person in there too (I could be wrong on this part though.)

completely wrong, you can play with anywhere from 1 to 4 players
#7chronotrig100Posted 7/29/2014 8:49:30 AM
Ah I heard wrong then. My mistake.
---
The fastest pinball in space.
#8MarceloSampaioPosted 7/29/2014 8:57:33 AM
Online only is enough for me to ignore it completely.

And I'm a HUGE fan of the original.
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png