This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Audiophile Speaker - Mainly for PC and Consoles

#11fatboy44Posted 7/29/2014 7:20:16 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
fatboy44 posted...
An amp with some decent speakers is the way to go. I'd avoid any 2.1 or 5.1 "PC" speaker system. Most of them are garbage.

Good quality sound =/ a very loud sound.
Good quality sound = the exact sound when the sound is created and intended to hear.

A combination of a loud sound with a quality sound is better of course.

Had a hard time deciphering what you're trying to get at, but as others recommended do some research on a different board. I would also avoid some of the crappy 2.1 PC speakers that I see purchased here. Even some of the highly regarded ones, such as the Logitech Z-2300 or Klipsch Pro Media will sound crappy with tinny highs and over-hyped bass, as compared to a good pair of speakers hooked up to an amp. You could also go for a nice pair of studio monitors with an interface.
---
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
https://soundcloud.com/aevio
#12MonkeymagePosted 7/29/2014 7:29:24 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
^that site beyond my comprehension, I need an easy plug and play set of speaker, thanks.

I heard Audioengine 5+ is good, the minus is it don't have a headphone jack, lack of bass.
Edifier S730 might be good, the minus is, is it really audiophile class speaker or just another MX6021 with higher power 200 vs 330 watt?

I have the Audioengine A5+. If you're using it on a PC, then chances are you'll need a DAC anyway, so you can plug headphones into that. Or you can plug headphones directly into your PC. Not an issue.

I really haven't noticed a lack of bass with them; if they are properly positioned, they have a nice, meaty sound, and all LFEs are represented. if you feel strongly about it you can use a separate sub.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#13Xtreme-Void(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 7:33:33 AM
fatboy44 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
fatboy44 posted...
An amp with some decent speakers is the way to go. I'd avoid any 2.1 or 5.1 "PC" speaker system. Most of them are garbage.

Good quality sound = the exact sound when the sound is created and intended to hear.

Had a hard time deciphering what you're trying to get at, but as others recommended do some research on a different board. I would also avoid some of the crappy 2.1 PC speakers that I see purchased here. Even some of the highly regarded ones, such as the Logitech Z-2300 or Klipsch Pro Media will sound crappy with tinny highs and over-hyped bass, as compared to a good pair of speakers hooked up to an amp. You could also go for a nice pair of studio monitors with an interface.

My friend use 4 speaker with an amplifier + a stand alone big power subs, the sound is really mega loud but sound like a tin can with a chaos boom, it actually annoying to hear.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#14Xtreme-Void(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 7:39:57 AM(edited)
Monkeymage posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
^that site beyond my comprehension, I need an easy plug and play set of speaker, thanks.

I heard Audioengine 5+ is good, the minus is it don't have a headphone jack, lack of bass.
Edifier S730 might be good, the minus is, is it really audiophile class speaker or just another MX6021 with higher power 200 vs 330 watt?

I have the Audioengine A5+. If you're using it on a PC, then chances are you'll need a DAC anyway, so you can plug headphones into that. Or you can plug headphones directly into your PC. Not an issue.

I really haven't noticed a lack of bass with them; if they are properly positioned, they have a nice, meaty sound, and all LFEs are represented. if you feel strongly about it you can use a separate sub.

Maybe if you try it side by side with S730 or MX6021 you will notice the bass.
Audioengine 5+ don't have standard PC audio jack?
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#15r0ge00Posted 7/29/2014 7:42:06 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
Maybe if you try it side by side with S730 or MX6021 you will notice the bass.

Those both look like gaudy muddy bass flappers.
#16fatboy44Posted 7/29/2014 8:08:08 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
fatboy44 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
fatboy44 posted...

My friend use 4 speaker with an amplifier + a stand alone big power subs, the sound is really mega loud but sound like a tin can with a chaos boom, it actually annoying to hear.

Keyword is *decent* speakers obviously. If you really want something that replicates sound honestly then go for a pair of studio monitors. I've got Yamaha HS7's in my home studio and they have more than enough bass without it sounding muddy or hyped. I believe the HS7 goes down to 43 cycles on the low end, which is almost the same response as some subs. You can hear literally every detail and nuance of what you're listening too, with pristine highs and clinical mids.
---
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
https://soundcloud.com/aevio
#17castrejon04Posted 7/29/2014 8:23:06 AM
I would look for the Altec Lansing ATP3 at a thrift store or ebay. It's practically the best 2.1 system Altec Lansing has ever made. Paired it with a good sound card and lossless audio, these speakers can outperform most higher end ones.
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#18SuigintouEVPosted 7/29/2014 9:34:59 AM(edited)
Honestly, if you want a "plug n play solution" you need to be looking at studio monitors, and even then specific ones like Neumann, Genelec, and JBL LSR. I would definitely not be satisfied with a lot of the stuff like AudioEngine / M-Audio / KRK that is popular.

The least expensive option I would consider is a pair of the JBL LSR305 (Sweetwater). It blows my mind how good those are for so cheap. Toss in an Emotiva Control Freak for volume control.

Now, that said, I still recommend giving the passive bookshelves / sub / receiver route consideration - especially for a living room type setup. You're absolutely right that poor component selection and poor setup can result in tinny and boomy (or as audiophiles would say - colored) sound signsature instead of a neutral and accurate sound. The onus is on you to buy your parts right. Of course i'd be glad to help - audio and speakerbuilding are practically my second hobby.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#19zhenghanPosted 7/29/2014 9:26:28 AM
Audioengine A5+
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish