This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get it , what's so GOTY about Divinity : OS?

#1---Danny---Posted 7/29/2014 6:02:41 AM(edited)
So i gave in to the hype and traded 8 CS:GO keys of mine for a copy of Divinity Original Sin via Steam Trades and after a few days of play time i'm at Level 10 and had already finished tons of quests but the game doesnt seems that special to me.

The combat is kinda cool but once you get the more important spells at higher level and it's practically a cakewalk even in Hard Mode. Inventory is horrible so are the crafting, 2 main characters has no depth in them at all so are the 2 named followers.

It's still a good game but i dont think it's THAT GREAT or Game Of The Year worthy. I just dont get it ho this game gotten so much praise as overall of its content ranges from mediocore to good.

Now i'm level 10 and i felt kinda bored TBH, i cant even find motivation to continue the game as the characters are so bland.
#2MonkeymagePosted 7/29/2014 6:11:27 AM
Congratulations, you have an opinion.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#3Guitar_Hero_GuyPosted 7/29/2014 6:13:11 AM
It's not for everyone, I wasn't enjoying myself in the game, there's a lot of time spent doing things I don't enjoy in a game, so it wasn't something I wanted to even play, let alone get GOTY. With that said, people are mostly excited about it because it's a CRPG, which has been pretty stagnant.
---
Steam ID - Jaxxxson
#4KillerTrufflePosted 7/29/2014 9:49:28 AM
Things that made it pretty great for me:

* It's been a looooong time since we've had a similar game (and yes, that colors my opinion)
* Fairly extensive flexibility in customizing your characters
* Diverse - and sometimes unexpected - physical effects... how many other games will electrocute you as well if you're standing in the same pool of blood as your lightning spell target?
* Talk to, and trade with, virtually anyone
* Entertaining combat system
* Comprehensive editor
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5GoIrish80Posted 7/29/2014 9:50:41 AM
Monkeymage posted...
Congratulations, you have an opinion.

The most perfect response possible.
#6stmstrPosted 7/29/2014 9:52:50 AM
So what's better? TLoU rerelease or Watch Dogs?

Lol
#7SpazH3dPosted 7/29/2014 10:31:40 AM
Guitar_Hero_Guy posted...
people are mostly excited about it because it's a CRPG, which has been pretty stagnant.

KillerTruffle posted...
It's been a looooong time since we've had a similar game (and yes, that colors my opinion)

I think this is sad. We should judge it based on the game itself, not how rare these types of games are. Is the free content out yet? I heard something about 2 new companions. I'm waiting for new content and a sale before I buy.
---
- My vision is augmented