This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with these specs?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with these specs?
2 years ago#1
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics
Windows 7 64 bit

I wish that I spoke specs like people here do. When I see the system requirements for a game, the only thing that I can make out whether or not I meet the requirements for is the RAM and sometimes the CPU.
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
PSN: Thamauturge
2 years ago#2
You integrated graphics is what is holding you back. I found the game unplayable on my old i5/hd4000 laptop. Under 15fps and laggy as he'll.
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
2 years ago#3
tiger8191 posted...
You integrated graphics is what is holding you back. I found the game unplayable on my old i5/hd4000 laptop. Under 15fps and laggy as he'll.

I heard that Iris in the MBP's is actually quite a step above the HD 4000's in the old models. It might not make a difference though. I don't need high graphics settings, I'd be more than happy with it if I got a playable framerate at the lowest settings.
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
2 years ago#4
I have the same specs but I haven't tried Chivalry, sorry. I would think it would run OK on low, Team Fortress 2 runs OK on low.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
2 years ago#5
Shub posted...
I have the same specs but I haven't tried Chivalry, sorry. I would think it would run OK on low, Team Fortress 2 runs OK on low.

That seems odd... TF2 runs perfectly for me at its highest res (granted it only offers the two resolution options and both are rather low)
2 years ago#6
Frankly I haven't tried setting it very high, and I was testing under Mac OS X, so the performance was likely worse than it would have been in Windows. The way Mac OS X handles the mouse is different from Windows so FPS "feel" very different and I pretty much hate it, so I tend to avoid FPS on my Mac since I don't feel like installing Windows.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
2 years ago#7
Well, I have yet to hear a strong answer as to whether or not the game will work, so maybe it was a waste of money. But this Steam sale got the best of me; couldn't resist it being 75% off. That's just too good to pass up on. I'll download it and post how it runs so that anyone else with a similar problem can get a better answer than I did.
2 years ago#8
Yeah, Chivalry seems to run just fine at medium settings. I'm sort of convinced that the iGPU in the MBP isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with these specs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived