This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with these specs?

#1ThamauturgePosted 7/29/2014 7:11:18 AM
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics
Windows 7 64 bit

I wish that I spoke specs like people here do. When I see the system requirements for a game, the only thing that I can make out whether or not I meet the requirements for is the RAM and sometimes the CPU.
---
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
PSN: Thamauturge
#2tiger8191Posted 7/29/2014 7:14:15 AM
You integrated graphics is what is holding you back. I found the game unplayable on my old i5/hd4000 laptop. Under 15fps and laggy as he'll.
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#3Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 7:27:43 AM(edited)
tiger8191 posted...
You integrated graphics is what is holding you back. I found the game unplayable on my old i5/hd4000 laptop. Under 15fps and laggy as he'll.

I heard that Iris in the MBP's is actually quite a step above the HD 4000's in the old models. It might not make a difference though. I don't need high graphics settings, I'd be more than happy with it if I got a playable framerate at the lowest settings.
---
Favorite games: FFXII International, FF Tactics WOTL, Super Smash Bros Melee, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Silent Hill 2
#4ShubPosted 7/29/2014 7:30:05 AM
I have the same specs but I haven't tried Chivalry, sorry. I would think it would run OK on low, Team Fortress 2 runs OK on low.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#5Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 7:31:22 AM
Shub posted...
I have the same specs but I haven't tried Chivalry, sorry. I would think it would run OK on low, Team Fortress 2 runs OK on low.

That seems odd... TF2 runs perfectly for me at its highest res (granted it only offers the two resolution options and both are rather low)
---
#6ShubPosted 7/29/2014 7:37:36 AM
Frankly I haven't tried setting it very high, and I was testing under Mac OS X, so the performance was likely worse than it would have been in Windows. The way Mac OS X handles the mouse is different from Windows so FPS "feel" very different and I pretty much hate it, so I tend to avoid FPS on my Mac since I don't feel like installing Windows.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#7Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 6:50:43 PM
Well, I have yet to hear a strong answer as to whether or not the game will work, so maybe it was a waste of money. But this Steam sale got the best of me; couldn't resist it being 75% off. That's just too good to pass up on. I'll download it and post how it runs so that anyone else with a similar problem can get a better answer than I did.
---
#8Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 9:38:54 PM
Yeah, Chivalry seems to run just fine at medium settings. I'm sort of convinced that the iGPU in the MBP isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
---