This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass effect trilogy

#1Wallsof_JerichoPosted 7/29/2014 10:27:02 AM
It is on sale at gamestop for 9.98, is it worth it? Especially since it requires origin... any negatives to getting it on pc (other then having to have origins)?
---
PSN: Terryh2
#2Orestes417Posted 7/29/2014 10:29:34 AM(edited)
For ten bucks I can't imagine much to complain about. I'd be more worried about giving money willingly to gamestop than Origin though. It's certainly done far more damage over the years.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#3SpazH3dPosted 7/29/2014 10:32:18 AM
The entire trilogy? Please be aware that the game has a lot of DLC. Is that included?
---
- My vision is augmented
#4Wallsof_Jericho(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 10:33:33 AM
SpazH3d posted...
The entire trilogy? Please be aware that the game has a lot of DLC. Is that included?

I believe SOME of it is, but surely not all of it. correct me if im wrong somebody though. but like orestes said, for 10 bucks, cant really complain much.
---
#5RaikouenPosted 7/29/2014 10:38:46 AM
SpazH3d posted...

Technically none is. It included the Cerberus Network access and ME3's Online Pass, but both are free now to everyone.
#6foodeater4Posted 7/29/2014 10:40:00 AM
It does not include all the DLC, but DLC is side missions mostly. There are only really 2 pieces of essential DLC in the whole series to most people. That would be Lair of the Shadow Broker in Mass Effect 2 and Citadel DLC in Mass Effect 3. Nothing in ME1 is needed and I know at times it was even out there for free.

Also origin is fine. Many people actually like it better then the Steam client, myself included, but obviously I don't use it as much since its only for EA gams really.

If you never played the series I would deifnatly get it, your missing out. ME1 is a bit rough gameplay and graphic wise, but it has a great story. ME2 and ME3 basically nailed everything, but people will debate till the end of the internets on which game is best in the series.
#7Wallsof_Jericho(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 10:42:59 AM
I have played them awhile back, but would love to own them on pc, since i dont own them right now, just rented a ways back. ive never had any real trouble with origins, but i know alot of people dislike them. as long as i can play my games im happy.
---
#8KarnRX78Posted 7/29/2014 10:47:45 AM(edited)
I say it is worth it especially for that price. To my understanding the trilogy has the ME1 DLCs included. ME2 and ME3 don't have the DLCs apparently, however some of the ME2 DLC is free, and the ME3 MP DLC is free, along with extended cut.

EDIT: The Zaeed DLC is free for ME. I bought the deluxe ME2 a while back on steam when it was dirt cheap, some of that stuff isn't DLC. So just the Zaeed DLC is free. As for issues on PC, they play just fine. I have ME1 and ME2 on steam though, but ME3 hasn't given me any problems on Origin, but I haven't had issues with Origin ever.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#9h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 7/29/2014 10:49:20 AM
"•On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer."

Probably says on the back of the box too.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/
---
'My rig is so powerful it doesn't render individual pixels, just one continuous image of astonishing detail. The P in 1440p stands for peasant.' -KingDFizzle
#10uncleePosted 7/29/2014 10:54:50 AM
The two DLC packs for ME1 and all the free stuff from the Cerberus Network is in the ME trilogy pack for PC. None of the other DLC was included.

There is a handful of DLC that's worth it if you really get into the series. Lair of the Shadow Broker and The Citadel are the best paid content they put out. The others will really depend on how much you like the series.

Be sure to grab the Extended Cut for ME3. It's free.