This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a good wireless headset..

#1shinstrikePosted 7/29/2014 3:00:59 PM
That doesn't require batteries of any kind, and is easy to set up on PC? My budget is $100
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari Galvantula, Electrabuzz, Pachirisu(Electric type), friend code 2766 8993 3310 3DS name Generic, Pokemon X name Land
#2YoungAdultLinkPosted 7/29/2014 3:08:37 PM
Sounds like you're looking for some kind of magic future tech powered by broadcast electricity.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#3shinstrike(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:10:38 PM
So you mean to tell me there isn't one? Cause i couldnt find one jumping out at me on google.. figured having a headset that charges connected to the PC wasnt a new idea nowadays.
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari Galvantula, Electrabuzz, Pachirisu(Electric type), friend code 2766 8993 3310 3DS name Generic, Pokemon X name Land
#4foodeater4Posted 7/29/2014 3:12:14 PM
shinstrike posted...
So you mean to tell me there isn't one? Cause i couldnt find one jumping out at me on google.. figured having a headset that charges connected to the PC wasnt a new idea nowadays.

Those are wired headsets then. Theres no way to have the headset part magically charge. I understand maybe you want one you can plug in while your not using it, but I don't think they have those.
#5shinstrike(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:14:43 PM
Well, as long as i can have it connected to the PC for when i need to charge the internal battery, or have it off when i dont want to deal with wires, that's the headset i meant. is there one like that in specific for $100 or less?
---
#6jake-sfPosted 7/29/2014 3:17:53 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Sounds like you're looking for some kind of magic future tech powered by broadcast electricity.

I don't follow this kind of stuff but I do remember whatever science show showing it was possible to power an device (like an iphone) without it actually having battery or wire connected to it.

Can't actually remember anything else about this. I doubt such things are actually anywhere near practical yet, but its not magic.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#7datopgamerPosted 7/29/2014 3:19:25 PM
I assume he means a headset that he doesn't need to buy extra batteries for but instead has a rechargeable battery.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#8YoungAdultLinkPosted 7/29/2014 3:20:46 PM
Oh, we can broadcast power. Problem is it's a point to point thing with directional antenna. We never quite achieved Tesla's dream of just having coils everywhere that would radiate all the electricity we could ever need.

The joke was more that he asked for something wireless that used no kind of battery at all, which would necessitate the use of beamed power. But you can already buy a wireless charging setup for your phone or DS or whatever. It's just a black mat that radiates electricity and a matching receiver on the device.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#9shinstrike(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:21:07 PM
datopgamer posted...
I assume he means a headset that he doesn't need to buy extra batteries for but instead has a rechargeable battery.

this. ^ exactly this.,
---
#10datopgamerPosted 7/29/2014 3:22:27 PM
Not gonna get anything good for under $100. You'd get a much better wired one.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser