This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming keboard and mouse, worth it?

#11RealTidesPosted 7/29/2014 5:02:06 PM
mouse are worth it
but just get what you need and dont overspend
i have a deathadder and im really happy with it. there are alot of gaming mices with like 20 buttons on the side which arent needed most of the time and they are like 4x the price of an entry level gaming mouse

not to mention that mice are kinda personal - ie you need them to fit your hand nicely or u wont enjoy it

keyboards are meh. good ones have the clicky sound and led which are cool but not needed
ghosting doesnt really affect us gamers much either unless youre gaming fighting games..then you'd be an idiot for getting a keyboard instead of a stick
---
3ds FC 4398 9255 6363
#12Killah PriestPosted 7/29/2014 6:00:46 PM
worth it as are they better in general? yes
worth it like you'll be completely terrible and unable to play without one? no
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#13RaikouenPosted 7/29/2014 6:02:51 PM
Get the CM Storm Devastator combo. It comes with a gaming KB and Mouse and is on Amazon for $30.
#14The_Count_FooPosted 7/29/2014 6:50:42 PM
A good mouse ans mouse surface is a must for me. However I think a lot of gaming keyboards are just ridiculous. They are usually huge and take up tons of desk space for a bunch of buttons you use twice a year. I myself use a basic keyboard design with mechanical switches.
---
Divided by night...
#15Kad-ManPosted 7/29/2014 7:53:28 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
No, they are not worth it. A $20 keyboard and mouse combo can last you longer than 5 years.

Yea assuming your a casual and don't need a NKRO to avoid key locks...
#16ElDudorinoPosted 7/31/2014 2:42:17 PM
You don't get NKRO by buying a "gaming" keyboard. You get NKRO by buying a keyboard that has NKRO. Hell, the BlackWidow Ultimate first launched with 2KRO, so just because something is labeled as "gaming" doesn't mean you'll get what you think you're paying for.

Apparently some of the best mice are generic, non-"gaming" mice. In another topic about gaming mice I commented about how I've never noticed a difference going from one mouse to the next, and my points were apparently invalidated by the fact that I've just accidentally happened to have several of the most accurate mice ever made over the course of my life. And we're talking about cheap, generic Microsoft mice and so forth- but they apparently were made with fantastically-accurate sensors. Go figure.

Even so, I don't buy into the whole "accurate sensor" thing for games. Even when using other mice at work which supposedly have inferior sensors, I've never found that I mis-click any more than I do with the DeathAdder I now have. For me, the only reason to have a "gaming" mouse is to have extra buttons. That's it.
#17ClouddxPosted 7/31/2014 2:43:27 PM
Gaming Keyboard? No
Gaming Mouse? No

You want a decent keyboard and mouse with a good sensor, both those are not exclusive to "gaming" grade accessories.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#18pwnater777Posted 7/31/2014 2:48:33 PM
I'm definitely glad I recently bought a Roccat Isku.

- Tons of programmable buttons that can be used for everyday tasks, not just gaming
- Handy media buttons & My Computer button
- Has 5 different brightness levels for the awesome backlighting, which can also be disabled
- I can actually disable those dumb, unnecessary Windows buttons right from the keyboard's program!
- The huge wrist rest is so comfortable

For the $75 I paid, I heavily recommend it.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#19akuma634Posted 7/31/2014 2:52:33 PM
I think so. I haven't gotten non gaming premium keyboards or mice, but the gaming stuff I've had has been great. I got burned too many times with Razer products dying in a year, but I've had good luck with Logitech products. I currently use a G710+ mechanical keyboard which is very easy for typing and precise for gaming, like I've actually played Super Street Fighter 4 with it when I didn't have a fightstick, and I was better with the keyboard (mapped to make it easier for me) than I was with a 360 controller. I use a G700s wireless mouse which is great too, I've never had any connection problems or lag, the only real issue is that batteries don't last too long, but just get a pack of rechargeable batteries and you're set. I know they have another wireless mouse that's supposed to have hundreds of hours of battery life, but I don't know how good that is.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#20SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/31/2014 3:11:07 PM
I tend to stick with a standard Microsoft or Logitech keyboard. They seem to last the life of the computer and beyond. For nice, I do like a mouse with extra buttons so again I'll try to stick with the M$ or Logitech brand cause again they seem to last a very very long time. The few times I have bought "gaming mosue" it breaks quick and I do not abuse my stuff at all.