This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want a PC social board again?

#1KillerTrufflePosted 7/29/2014 3:18:49 PM
Not that I'm holding my breath it'll happen... and I fully expect this topic to be moderated/deleted fairly quickly, but this only goes to further demonstrate the *need* for a PC social board. The issue is relevant to the PC board, yet we have no place to actually *post* about it. They talk about gaining support for suggestion threads, yet any topics you might create to even let people know the suggestion exists are technically off-topic according to the TOS. How do you spread the word if you're not allowed to spread the word? :P

That topic someone created earlier today about hobbies was an absolutely perfect example of a great topic for a social board, but since they removed all the social boards, lots of legit topics end up deleted - as this one was - I'm sure for being off-topic.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not holding my breath, but if you're interested, I've created a suggestion/petition type thread over on the suggestion board (something I'm sure has been done before). Voice your support. The topic is actually seeking restoration of ALL platform-specific social boards. CE is simply not a good substitute.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/69748281
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#2BogePosted 7/29/2014 3:22:06 PM
How would a PC social board be different than the CE board?
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#3Orestes417Posted 7/29/2014 3:23:44 PM
Had you been there you'd know the answer.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#4KillerTruffle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:26:20 PM
Boge posted...
How would a PC social board be different than the CE board?

Less random, and it would consist primarily of the community you already know here. CE is nothing more than a random collection of *everyone* who bothers to go there, with topics about anything you can imagine by people you've never seen. A PC social board would be primarily the regulars you know here, and while I'm sure there would still be plenty of random, it would still be more relevant to the PC board.

Think about the "what other hobbies" topic that was here a couple hours ago. Do you really think it would have done so nicely (up until it was modded anyway) on CE, asking "besides building PCs, what other hobbies do you have?" That topic would have been a perfect fit on a PC social board, but would have been worthless on CE.
---
#5BogePosted 7/29/2014 3:30:06 PM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
Had you been there you'd know the answer.

I was there. I must not remember. Of course, back then I visited Gamefaqs for the game guides, not the message boards.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#6Orestes417Posted 7/29/2014 3:32:07 PM
I kept a good portion of my generation's Social board, as it existed at the site reorganization intact. There's about ten of us in varying degrees of lurk around here though some have slipped off. Stormy, Worknofun, the artist formerly known as Mandrake, and quite a few others, I'd also consider Cranky one of us, even though he didn't end up in the enclave.
---
Some roads you shouldn't go down because maps used to say there'd be dragons there. Now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there.
#7KillerTruffle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:39:01 PM
I visited Social a bit back then, but wasn't terribly active on it (I know I'd be a ton more active on it now)... But I also remember Orestes, Stormy, Work, etc...

I just see platform-specific social boards being much more relevant and useful than just dumping all social discussion site-wide into one single cesspool that is CE.
---
#8KillerzOverHerePosted 7/29/2014 3:40:29 PM
Orestes417 posted...
I kept a good portion of my generation's Social board, as it existed at the site reorganization intact. There's about ten of us in varying degrees of lurk around here though some have slipped off. Stormy, Worknofun, the artist formerly known as Mandrake, and quite a few others, I'd also consider Cranky one of us, even though he didn't end up in the enclave.

Tell me Orestes. Tell me the legend of our great board.

I am the little boy, and you are my grandfather.
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.
#9Orestes417Posted 7/29/2014 3:41:32 PM
Well this one time at band camp...
---
#10KillerzOverHerePosted 7/29/2014 3:42:55 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Well this one time at band camp...

ohhhhh
---
Apparently all GameFAQs mods are women, because they just gave me a warning for having a misogynistic joke in my signature.