This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the PC gaming equivalent of Doritos and Mountain Dew??

#121Fade2black001Posted 7/30/2014 4:46:01 PM
sktgamer_13dude posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
ein311 posted...
Shub posted...
all of it high fructose corn syrup.

It's not a consolation, but Dew Throwback exists and is made with cane sugar. So... hooray?

Some people prefer corn syrup. My dad can't stand the Throwback Dews. I'm not sure about myself as I don't really have a point of reference. The closest I have is Sierra Mist Natural vs Sprite. I definitely prefer Sprite but I assume it's just that I prefer the fact that Coke products tend to be less sweet than the pepsi equivalents and I don't enjoy the extra sweetness. There's a store where I can get Mexican coke which uses cane sugar so I'll have to try it next to a normal one.

Its been proven that the human body has problems digestion corn syrup in an shape or form. People who drink large amounts of it will have health problems down the road.

You'll have health problems ingesting too much of anything.

True. BUT a lot of things are a lot worse than others.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#122cancerstormPosted 7/30/2014 9:32:37 PM
only water, sometimes nothing. get so engrossed in a game i forget about eating

nty to consuming caffeine during game sessions i don't need my work supplements for relaxing time
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#123almightydunPosted 7/30/2014 9:39:26 PM
I only eat pretzels and I only drink beer whilst on my PC.

My kid gets the keyboard sticky with juice though so he gets his own :)
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#124ClashtonnPosted 7/30/2014 9:42:19 PM
The only things I ever drink are water, green tea, black coffee, rye and wine. Not sure what I drink most of while I game. Probably water.

As for snacks, maybe jerky I don't know. I rarely snack.

Not sure there's a stereotype for PC gamers food intake while gaming. But I'm pretty sure PC gamers are usually more health conscious since they're generally more intelligent people who would take better care of themselves.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#125dunebeetlePosted 7/30/2014 10:00:16 PM
Tim Tams
Hot Chocolate
---
http://vimeo.com/22145707#
#126Arucard05Posted 7/30/2014 10:45:01 PM
dunebeetle posted...
Tim Tams

Aren't they just awesome? I only got to try them for the first time earlier this year, but now I just want them all the time. I have exactly one red velvet Tim Tam right next to me, and it's taking everything in my power not to eat it right now.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
B<3R
#127ein311Posted 7/30/2014 10:52:23 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
HFCS can take 4 days to digest vs sugar taking far less when there are studies and articles out there that say otherwise.

HFCS and Sugar are both fermentable and in my experience have taken about the same time to get cleaned out of wort when used as a gravity boost.

My super scientific experiments using them in beer production lead me to believe they're pretty much interchangeable.

However, I do prefer the taste of sugar in sweetened drinks over HFCS.
I have not been able to tell the difference in my strong ales that were boosted with HFCS or Sugar, though. Yeast turns all that into alcohol with no prejudice.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#128Lemur_HPosted 7/30/2014 10:55:48 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
test basically amounts to adding a bit of sugar to a blood sample and seeing if it reacts, the reaction is basically instantaneous if you aren't diabetic (either type 1 or type 2).

Flashbacks of The Thing...
#129Garage_ManPosted 7/31/2014 1:19:24 AM
Boge posted...
I haven't drank carbonation in nearly 20 years. Haven't eaten cake, donuts, cookies, brownies, pie, or candy in about 18 years.

Serious question...feel free to actually PM me but what do you eat and drink instead? I'm trying to find replacements for carbonation/sugar drunks and junk food. Kinda curious what your thoughts/opinions are.
#130Dukaduka1k82Posted 7/31/2014 2:03:00 AM
Water / Tea / Coffee and a healthy snack. Don't be a console slob. Yes I do own a 3DSXL so I have a console, kinda.
---
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm